cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xryche
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,289
Message 1 of 3

M92 Thinkcentre small tower won't recognize discrete graphics card.

I have A Lenovo Thinkcentre M92p (3212) using Windows 10 (64bit) that I have upgraded the PSU to a Cooler Master GX Bronze (80+) 750w PSU https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-GX-Bronze-RS750-ACAAD3-US/dp/B0035WTD2Q/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product...using a 24pin to 14 pin adapter. Everything works fine including an upgraded DDR3 PC12800 from 4 gb to 16 gb. The problem I am having when I install an MSI Radeon R7 265 OC 2 gb https://www.amazon.com/MSI-R7-265-2GD5-OC/dp/B00JJNQ8ZA/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1492205350&sr=1-... the PC won't recognive the card. There is no entry in the hardware manager either. I have tried reseating the card itself into the PCIe slot and I have the six pin power connector attached. The fan is running and the card even heats up a very small amount. It's cool to the touch but you can feel a small amount of heat on the pcb. I have also made sure the video card selection in the bios is set to auto and have tried setting it to PEG as well. My bios version is 9SKT98AUS. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,190
Message 2 of 3

Re: M92 Thinkcentre small tower won't recognize discrete graphics card.

Since no one has come forward saying that their R7 265 works, it's probably due to this (from the pinned thread, help us help you): 

While contemporaneous ATI/AMD graphics cards will work for an upgrade, newer generation AMD cards are generally not backward compatible with older ThinkCentres.  
I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
xryche
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,158
Message 3 of 3

Re: M92 Thinkcentre small tower won't recognize discrete graphics card.

I was actually thinking that as well. Over ninety views and no responses. I was hoping otherwise but oh well. Thank you for your time though.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors