Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CanadianGuy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 204
Message 1 of 7

M920x with Tiny-in-One 24 monitor: Screen flashes once per day

Hi there, I'm trying to help a client that bought 7 brand new M920x desktops and 14 new Lenovo screens. We sell a lot of Lenovo hardware and this issue seems to be specific to this one site.

The PCs are M920x Tinys (10S10003US),  with i5-8500 cpu, UHD graphics 630, 8gb ram, 256GB ssd, nothing crazy. The monitors are tiny-in-one 23.8" monitors (non-touchscreen) as the primary and T24i-10 23.8" monitors as the secondary screen.

The users have reported that the tiny in one screen flashes once per day, sometimes more. This is difficult to diagnose because of the frequency of the event and the fact that no event log messages are generated when the flash occurs.

Lenovo has replaced the system board of the M920x and also replaced the screen but it is still happening. Graphics drivers have been updated to the latest version which just came out Dec 4.

Anyone have a similar experience or thoughts on this issue? Would greatly appreciate the assistance, this has been happening for months now.

Also, all available updates have been performed using Lenovo Vantage.

Mod:  edited Subject line to add system types

marcintomasik
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 192
Message 2 of 7

Re: M920x with Tiny-in-One 24 monitor: Screen flashes once per day

I have M920x and two displays. One on hdmi and one on displayport. I had similar problem on one display on displayport. Time to time display turn off in some seconds and back. I noticed this is associated with start of my refrigerator. This is not a joke. Try to connect monitor and computer to the same power source free of other high consumtion device or UPS with stabilization.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 185
Message 3 of 7

Is the firmware of the Tiny-in-One (TIO) current?  I recall that there were other past issues and a number of firmware updates. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
CanadianGuy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 170
Message 4 of 7

The Tiny-in-one display docks the tiny pc behind the screen, so no cables required there, the other screen is connected via displayport.

All equipment is connected to a new UPS but I am open to potential power issues being the culprit here. The UPS software that came with the UPSes is pretty basic so I'll see if we can get some sort of advanced power monitoring software/device in place to rule this out, thank you.

CanadianGuy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 169
Message 5 of 7

Hi BiggAl thanks for the response. I'll check the firmware and update if available.

We have been using Lenovo Vantage for most bios/firmware/driver updates, would Vantage on the PC also handle the TIO firmware or is this a manual process?

Thanks again, Steve

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 164
Message 6 of 7

Manual.  You may need to get updates direct from Lenovo.  See Msg #25 of this thread:   Tiny-In-One 24 & M700 Tiny - Monitor Won't Wake - TIO 23, M900 Tiny

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
OnwardSolutions
Paper Tape
Views: 94
Message 7 of 7

I'm having this same exact problem except the issue progressivley gets worse as the monitor remains on. Where you able to find any fimrware updates for: Lenovo ThinkVision TIO 24" GEN3 (10QYPAR1US)?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors