Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeFreezer
Paper Tape
Views: 6,517
Message 1 of 7

M92p - DisplayPort to HDMI not working

On my ThinkCentre M92p which has Windows 7 pro installed I am using a standard monitor from the onboard VGA.

But now I want to run a 2nd display to my LCD TV. So I have a new cable into the onboard displayport and the other end is HDMI into my TV. Nothing showed on the TV (no signal). So I went to the display settings and click on Detect but (Another display not detected) came up. Then I went into BIOS and set up the video to Multiple Displays. Still No Signal. Smiley Sad

As far as I know I have the correct drivers for this model from the support downloads. Driver (b2vdo41us14.exe)

I am hope now someone can guide me through what I am doing wrong. And be thankful for any input.

Mod:  edited title for clarity

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,492
Message 2 of 7

Re: Displayport on M92p is not work as a 2nd screen

What is your BIOS version ?    And exactly what cable are you using for DP to HDMI ?

DeFreezer
Paper Tape
Views: 6,489
Message 3 of 7

BIOS Revision Level 9SKT39AUS

BIOS Date 08/07/2012

And the cable is Displayport at one end and HDMI at the other end.

I hope this info helps.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,484
Message 4 of 7

That BIOS is super old, they're up to version 95 now, and the readme doesn't go back as far as yours.   Just to eliminate the possibility it could be associated to the problem, I suggest updating.   Best to use CD ISO method, you may need to reorder the boot for DVD player before HDD.  

Is there a brand associated with the cable?    (Many threads here of DP adapter that don't work or work marginally.)  

I know that on my TV, computer input is on a particular port, have you checked the owners manual and searched forums? 

DeFreezer
Paper Tape
Views: 6,463
Message 5 of 7

I have downloaded and installed the latest bios wish that made no difference still getting no signal.

As for the cable i cannot see a brand on it just a tag that has A+ Cablelist on it. Which i had bought at selby acoustics which i think is there home brand cable.
Do you recommend a adaptor plug instead?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,450
Message 6 of 7

Does your monitor have a HDMI port?  Or can you borrow one, to test with?   It should display with only the DP port connected. 

Check Windows Update / Optional updates, for a newer graphics driver. 

These adapters from the AMD list, more are on page 2, you don't want the 'mini' adapters, and either passive (lower cost) or active will work. 

DeFreezer
Paper Tape
Views: 6,433
Message 7 of 7

I bought an passive adapter today and plug it into the DP and then a HDMI cable into that and my TV.

YES I have a signal. Picture and sound works perfect.Smiley Happy

Retried the other DP to HDMI cable and still nothing.

It's funny because this cable had worked before on another PC with a twin Displayport graphics card.

Thank you BiggAl for your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors