Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isThisThingOn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,737
Message 1 of 5

M92p Tiny CPU Cooler Options and M93p Tiny Cross Compatibility Help

I have the M92p Tiny and would like to get my temps down. My idle temps hang around 50c and just some average tasks bring that up to 80c quickly.

First, what is the weird socket this has? The LGA1150 cooler I have doesn't fit this one - the screw holes are in different spots.

Are there any available aftermarket CPU cooler options out there for the M92p? I don't mind keeping the case open with a huge cooler. 

I see the M93p has a proper heatsink, anyone knows how cross compatible these machines are? Can I swap the fan and heatsink from a M93p onto my M92p?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,696
Message 2 of 5

Re: M92p Tiny CPU Cooler Options and M93p Tiny Cross Compatibility Help

@isThisThingOn wrote:

I have the M92p Tiny and would like to get my temps down. My idle temps hang around 50c and just some average tasks bring that up to 80c quickly.

What power plan are you using?  Is there any dust accumulation between the fins of the heatsink? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
isThisThingOn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,686
Message 3 of 5

High performance - sparkling clean heat sink and newly applied Arctic Silver compound. Still wasn't happy with the temps.

I viewed images of the M93p Tiny and compared them to the M92p - the CPU cooler mounts are too different and securing it to the board wouldn't be worth the effort.

Side note: There's always been a "white noise" issue with my box, too. Swapped power supplies and no change I figured it was just the way it was. Just sounds like poor filtering from the coils / CPU resonance. 

I've now purchased an aftermarket CPU cooler and will be modifying both the case and mounting hardware to accommodate its size and the M92p's unique screw offset. This Tiny rig is going to be a cube with support columns in each corner creating a protective barrier for the new CPU cooler...hehe...will post pics for sure.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,679
Message 4 of 5

@isThisThingOn wrote:

High performance - sparkling clean heat sink and newly applied Arctic Silver compound. Still wasn't happy with the temps.

Did you make note of the temps while using the 'ThinkCentre Default' power plan?  It's optimized to conserve power and reduce temps when it can, particularly at idle (while also allowing the Core frequencies to ramp and Turbo boost when needed.)   

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
ashiq117
Paper Tape
Views: 1,098
Message 5 of 5

You actually need both the heatsink and fan of the m93p tiny to fit into the m92p tiny. if you take a closer look, the heatsink screwholes are same. As for the fan, 2 of the screws fit on top of the heatsink and the third one at the case corner near the power input. Only getting the m93p heatsink will never fit with stock m92p fan.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors