cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mijenix
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,913
Message 1 of 5

M92p Tiny - no Disk boot after update BIOS to 9SKT59A (dual boot Linux/Win7) GPT/EFI

Hi

I updated my Lenovo ThinkCentre m92p tiny 3237-A1G to the BIOS version 9SKT59A.
I use an OCZ SSD with GRUB2 and Linux/Win7 dual boot (GPT/UEFI) without any problem.

After the BIOS update there was SecureBoot enabled and I couldn't obviously boot GRUB2.

Then I disabled SecureBoot and changed the Boot order, but when I try to include the SSD with x it disappears in the list of the excluded boot devices but don't appear in the included devices.

Now I am only able to boot via USB stick where a grub2 is also installed. I am pretty sure this is a BIOS bug!

Anyone else can confirm that or solved such a probem?

Cheers

mijenix

wieb
What's DOS?
Views: 2,870
Message 2 of 5

Re: M92p Tiny - no Disk boot after update BIOS to 9SKT59A (dual boot Linux/Win7) GPT/EFI

Hello,

I also have same problem on Lenovo M92p 3212-BL3 with BIOS version 9SKT39A.

I use an OCZ SDD Vertex 2 with Windows 7 x64 only.

The SSD disappears from the list on included and excluded boot SATA devices. The SATA ports still appears but with empty device.

It seems BIOS issue, hope Lenovo will fix this issue ASAP.

mijenix
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,835
Message 3 of 5

Re: M92p Tiny - no Disk boot after update BIOS to 9SKT59A (dual boot Linux/Win7) GPT/EFI

Do you know if I can downgrade the BIOS and where I can get the old BIOS versions?

@Lenovo please fix this problem as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!

mijenix
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,792
Message 4 of 5

The BIOS update to 9sj960usa fixed the problem for me. As I was not able to boot via SSD/USB-CD I was able to boot Win7 via GRUB2 on a USB stick and used the .exe flash file.

passy
Paper Tape
Views: 544
Message 5 of 5

pleace i need to download BIOS update to 9sj960usa

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors