cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agent-88
Token Ring
Views: 181
Message 1 of 3

M92p attempt to flash BIOS failed. System no longer will boot into Windows.

I can boot into BIOS, but get black screen with cursor in the top left corner of the screen on exit.  System will not boot into Windows, nor will it boot in to WinPE either on CD or thumbdrive.  Took it to  computer repair shop and they gave up after 3 days and told me I had to buy a new motherboard or find  someone that can replace BIOS chip.  HDD removed and inserted into another PC and the HDD boots normally.  Put fresh (new) HDD into M92p and tried to install Windows but PC does not see HDD. 

1) How can I recover my M92p from failed BIOS flash?  2) Is it true that I will need a new motherboard?  3)  Are there any motherboards compatible to the M92p available and if so, where?

T510, M83, M92p, et al
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 155
Message 2 of 3

Re: M92p attempt to flash BIOS failed. System no longer will boot into Windows.

Follow the instructions in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for your system for 'Recovery from a failed BIOS update' to the letter, it sometimes requires more than one try. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Highlighted
Agent-88
Token Ring
Views: 99
Message 3 of 3

Re: M92p attempt to flash BIOS failed. System no longer will boot into Windows.

Tech did this to no avail.  Apparently did not do it enough times.  Unfortunately my broken system is now 1500 miles away and I will have to attempt another recovery when I visit next in January.  However, I want to thank you for taking the time to point me to the specific procedure.  The tech may not have done it in the correct manner.  We'll see.

Thanks.

T510, M83, M92p, et al

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals