11-02-2018 04:28 AM
Hi, I have a M93P SFF that I purchased used. It came without an operating system, but when I purchased it, it booted up fine. I did not update the BIOS before the fresh WIN 10 install. I did a fresh Win 10 install and stepped away for several hours, however Win 10 was installed and working. When I came back, I was at the Lenovo logo screen that everyone else has been seeing. I can F1 or F12 into BIOS. I have tried the following:
1) Flashed the lastest BIOS update with the USB thumbdrive, this was successful.
2) Unplugged all items including the DVD & HD and rebooting.
3) Booted in CMOS maintenance mode with the 2&3 pin, after powering off.
4) Flashed BIOS using ISO disck in CMOS maintenance mode with 2&3 pin, process works and seems successful.
5) Unplugged all USB items, this provides the most interesting thing
6) I've tried F1, and changing various settings, with no success - reboot always leads to hanging at Lenovo logo.
7) I've tried F1, and F9, to restore defaults, same result.
8) I've tried F12, and selecting booting from the HDD or from DVD Rom (I've tried both a Win 7 disk and my Win 10 disk), and it will not boot after selecting the optical drive. If I select either the HDD or DVD drive, it goes to a blank screen, with no sounds of reading either DVD or HDD spinning up.
8) I'm thinking that perhaps I should try to revert the BIOS back one level ? I can't think of anything else to try.
Many thanks for any help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-03-2018 05:59 AM
Have you tried disabling LSE? My-computer-is-stuck-on-lenovo
11-03-2018 06:17 AM
Hi, thanks for the advice - the clue was the process moving forward when the keyboard was not plugged in. I replaced the keyboard with another USB keyboard and voila ! The process moved forward and the problem was solved. So many hours lost to this simple solution. Thanks for the help though.