cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,424
Message 11 of 30

Re: m93p sff is the graphics card upgradable?

OK, let us know how it works out.
I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
MrAbo0oD
Punch Card
Views: 1,420
Message 12 of 30

As soon as i get it i will Smiley Happy
SeniorGuru
Views: 1,398
Message 13 of 30

@MrAbo0oD wrote:

I went to the current power supply fourm and found out the exact size of it and i found a 600w power supply in the same size (Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS (CX600)) its compatible with the i7 4770 as far as i know and it works fine on the gpu

As I added in your other thread regarding "can I replace the PSU?" to remind you that standard retail PSU's for ATX motherboards provide a standard 4+20=24 pin main power connector (12x2) for standard ATX motherboards.  But the Lenovo ATX motherboards in the M9x machines are NOT STANDARD!!  They have a 7x2=14 pin power connector.

So you must also buy a 24->14 pin adapter cable such as this one.  It will allow you to use that standard Corsair PSU with 24-pin power for your Lenovo M93p non-standard motherboard with its 14-pin PSU connector.

MrAbo0oD
Punch Card
Views: 1,395
Message 14 of 30

Omg thank you sooo much i would've gotten screwed without u, you basically saved my life thank you very much!
x573V30
Paper Tape
Views: 1,342
Message 15 of 30

Hello, I too am looking to upgrade my video card on my m93p 10A9, the main problem is the PSU, after searching the web and getting help from here, I found this thread. After Google-ing the PSU you mentioned, it seems to be the one is for a standard case not the SFF one, could you please post a link to the exact one you purchased or a perhaps a picture of the box? Thank you! Smiley Happy
shadowlight
Punch Card
Views: 1,287
Message 16 of 30

...and here is another person who thinks about the same project!

Please MrAbo0oD can you tell us if your SFF is working and which components exactly do you replaced?

Following this (and other) threads I suspect that a M93P SFF with this card http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SOXMPJY/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza might work and that this PSU http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=253&area=en together with that adapter http://www.moddiy.com/products/IBM-Lenovo-PSU-Main-Power-24%252dPin-to-14%252dPin-Adapter-Cable-%283... might do the job...

But there are too much "might"s in this text Smiley Wink I'd like to have facts!

MrAbo0oD
Punch Card
Views: 1,283
Message 17 of 30

i didnt really upgrade the pc i might upgrade it in the summer or something like that but atm am busy with life

as far as i know from what everybody been saying and from how many people i asked u can fit a gtx 750TI (low profile) in this pc but the only issue ur facing is the power supply (and maybe the case) so what i am planning for the next summer is getting a new case, new motherboard, new PSU and then i could add ANY graphics card i want in the future and its gonna be easy after i do that, but for you, u can just get a gtx 750 TI (LP) and fit it in there with a new PSU 

good luck Smiley Happy

MrAbo0oD
Punch Card
Views: 1,282
Message 18 of 30

just save a bit more money and get a new case (i didnt upgrade yet)
ZapoTek
Paper Tape
Views: 1,198
Message 19 of 30

I can confirm that this GTX 750 TI 2GB  card works perfectly in my M93p SFF machine without upgrading the PSU:

MSI N750Ti-2GD5TLP

Measuring the power draw running prime95 (CPU benchmark) , FurMark (GPU benchmark) , charging mobile via USB and copying large files at the same time , it stays below 190 W . Have been running this for several hours. I have also been playing Fallout 4 (FullHD, ultra textures, 60 FPS) for 100 hours without any problems. As the case is quite compact, I was worried about the temperature but it stays below 80 C for the GPU at full power over extended periods of time (about 25C ambient temp i the room). 

Installation is ok. Just mount the low profile bracket and move the PCIe 1x WiFi card (if you have one) into another slot. 

Cheers !

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,182
Message 20 of 30

Well done! Very thorough testing. Thank you for posting.

For the information of others, the Gigabyte GV-N75TOC-2GL may be a better option for some applications:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5160#ov

it supports 2 monitors at higher resolutions, and another 2 monitors at the common 1920 × 1200 at 60 Hz.

Update:  ZapoTek makes the very good point that the Gigabyte card is slightly longer than the MSI, and may interfer with the Intel chipset heatsink on a M93p.  It may work on other models, please see my post on the next page.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors