cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZapoTek
Paper Tape
Views: 1,059
Message 21 of 30

Re: m93p sff is the graphics card upgradable?

I also considered this card as it supported higher resolution. However, this card is longer and will most likely touch the heatsink on one of the chipsets on the motherboard (behind the PCIe slot).  The MSI card was just short enough. 

It might be that you can slide the card between the spaces in the heatsink if the base is low enough. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,046
Message 22 of 30

I checked a M73 chipset heatsink yesterday, and compared to the photos of these Gigabyte cards for clearance, and I'm 99% there will be sufficient. The heatsink and fan shroud on the Gigabyte start higher than on the MSI, and although it's a bit longer, has more height clearance.   

Gigabyte GV-N75TOC-2GL or GV-N750OC-2GL

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/list.aspx?s=43&p=52,53@53@53,54@54&v=1,8@1@2,256@257#1

The M93 looks to have a different heatsink in a different location.   You'll want to check the chipset heatsink height and location on your particular system -- M73, M83, M93, each is a little different -- and compare to the photos of these Gigabyte cards for clearance, before ordering.   Please report in this thread if these cards work.

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
botham
Fanfold Paper
Views: 795
Message 23 of 30

I'm facing problems with my SFF M93p. The fan started to make noise and I have started to face intermittent loss of video. When I reboot it works fine till it happens again. I want the best bang for the buck so can someone please chime in if any of these cards will work ?

http://www.microcenter.com/product/467074/Radeon_7750_(Factory-Recertified)_2GB_GDDR5_Video_Card

http://www.microcenter.com/product/462017/Radeon_R7_250_1GB_GDDR5_Video_Card

http://www.microcenter.com/product/461947/Radeon_R7_250_1GB_GDDR5_Video_Card

If none of these work is there any other card in the same price range which will definitely work on my SFF M93P ?

Thanks in advance.

SeniorGuru
Views: 777
Message 24 of 30

In a SFF case only a LOW-PROFILE card will fit.  So I think the first and third of your choices is out.  Only the second one would work.

I used to install this Sapphire R7-250 low-profile card in M93p SFF cases, but it's no longer available new.  But it's certainly out-performed by the GTX 750ti low-profile cards.  both cards are still low-power and can run in the M93p SFF.

Note that the R7-250 is single-slot wide providing decent everyday performance, whereas the GTX 750ti is double-slot wide providing somewhat better performance.  The double-slot card is no problem.  In low-profile low-power card form they both fit in an M93p SFF case with its 240W PSU.

More expensive, but also brand new technology and much stronger than either the 1GB DDR5 R7-250 (55W, 72GB bandwidth) or 2GB DDR5 GTX 750ti (60W, 86GB bandwidth), and yet still low-power so that it's capable of surviving with PCIe slot power only (75W or below) and not requiring any additional power from the 240W PSU in the M93p SFF (which does not provide that 6-pin power cable) is the brand new 4GB DDR5 nVidia 1050ti (75W, 112GB bandwidth) cards.

Top of the current pack of options, the new Pascal technology 1050ti has 4GB of DDR5 memory, rated at 75W TDP, provides 112GB bandwidth. But again for the SFF case you must find a low-profile version like this one from MSI which is 7" long but I believe it will fit in the M93p SFF case.  It is more expensive than the low-profile R7-250 (which I think is 6.5" long) but very good value and price/performance, which would be important if you're a gamer (which I'm not).

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 761
Message 25 of 30

The fan started to make noise and I have started to face intermittent loss of video. When I reboot it works fine till it happens again.

I read in a previous thread that you are using the pc as a media center, and that it has a Gt 620 graphics card.  If nothing has changed in the way you are using it, I suspect that a build up of dust, particularly if it is on all the time, may be causing it to run hot and the symptoms above.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
botham
Fanfold Paper
Views: 731
Message 26 of 30

Thanks for looking out BiggAl, I indeed cleaned it out and it has been working fine since then. You saved me some $$$.
However, this particular situation started me on the quest to replace the GT620 when and if it craps out. Seeing that the 750Ti is not easily available and if it is ,it is rather expensive, this thread is an immense resource seeing that the replacement options are so limited.
Thanks once again to BiggAl for looking out and to Dsperber for replying promptly to my question.

botham
Fanfold Paper
Views: 726
Message 27 of 30

@DSperber wrote:

In a SFF case only a LOW-PROFILE card will fit.  So I think the first and third of your choices is out.  Only the second one would work.

I used to install this Sapphire R7-250 low-profile card in M93p SFF cases, but it's no longer available new.  But it's certainly out-performed by the GTX 750ti low-profile cards.  both cards are still low-power and can run in the M93p SFF.

Note that the R7-250 is single-slot wide providing decent everyday performance, whereas the GTX 750ti is double-slot wide providing somewhat better performance.  The double-slot card is no problem.  In low-profile low-power card form they both fit in an M93p SFF case with its 240W PSU.

More expensive, but also brand new technology and much stronger than either the 1GB DDR5 R7-250 (55W, 72GB bandwidth) or 2GB DDR5 GTX 750ti (60W, 86GB bandwidth), and yet still low-power so that it's capable of surviving with PCIe slot power only (75W or below) and not requiring any additional power from the 240W PSU in the M93p SFF (which does not provide that 6-pin power cable) is the brand new 4GB DDR5 nVidia 1050ti (75W, 112GB bandwidth) cards.

Top of the current pack of options, the new Pascal technology 1050ti has 4GB of DDR5 memory, rated at 75W TDP, provides 112GB bandwidth. But again for the SFF case you must find a low-profile version like this one from MSI which is 7" long but I believe it will fit in the M93p SFF case.  It is more expensive than the low-profile R7-250 (which I think is 6.5" long) but very good value and price/performance, which would be important if you're a gamer (which I'm not).

Thanks, the 1050ti is a much better buy specially from newegg it is marginally more expensive than the ageing 750Ti which has become very overpriced at the end of it's life cycle. I will keep this one in mind. If I see anymore low profile cards I will run them by over here and if anyone else comes across any other options please keep us posted.
Thanks again.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 715
Message 28 of 30

For everthing other than gaming, I consider the Gt 730 with DDR5 memory is be the best performance for the value currently.   Unless you have an i3 CPU or less, I consider the Gtx 1050 Ti a risky option.   See this thead:  M82-SFF-and-1050-Ti-Graphics-card

botham
Fanfold Paper
Views: 296
Message 29 of 30

I'm sorry, I know it's been a while, have you come across any other compatible budget video cards capable of outputting 4K video @ 60Hz ?

Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 278
Message 30 of 30

@botham wrote
have you come across any other compatible budget video cards capable of outputting 4K video @ 60Hz ?

GT 1030 supports 4K HDMI at 60Hz.  See the pinned thread above. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors