Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cynthus
Paper Tape
Views: 223
Message 1 of 3

M93p. gtx 1650 upgrade

Hello all:

I have a M93p SFF and I was planning on buying a 1650 low profile. I initially thought on getting the 1050 ti lp since I've seen a lot of posts saying that it will work. However, since where I am the 1650 is only 10€ more expensive, I'm thinking in getting it. I'm not entirely sure if it will work (of course, in case that it doesn't work I'll exchange it for the 1050 ti lp), but the green checked post in this board includes the 1650 as one of the gpus that can be used on the m93p (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/ThinkCentre-Tower-best-graphics-card-GPU-pos...). I also found a site from Denmark (I think??) that's selling the m93p with the 1650 installed (https://brugtecomputere.dk/pc-til-spil/5679-lenovo-thinkcentre-m93p-mt-gaming-gtx-1650.html). However, this post (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M93p-SFF-compatibilty-problem-for-GTX-1650-l...) says that the poster couldn't get it to work (weird display) but someone replied that passmark tests were sucessfully done by people with m93p + 1650, and the problem could be due to a faulty gpu.

I've already upgraded my psu (just in case) and the BIOS (last week). This post is only to make sure that the 1650 will work since I couldn't find anything proving it will, just the first post I linked.

Thanks in advance

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 176
Message 2 of 3

Re: M93p. gtx 1650 upgrade

You have build a good case that a GTX 1650 should work, and for the 10 Euro more, is worth the cost. 

All I can add to what you have written above, is that we now know that it works in a M91p, and the same generation GTX 1660 and RTX 2070 work in the M92p.  I have not seen a single case on the ThinkCentre forum where a newer generation graphics card worked in an older system, but then did not on a newer generation system. 

I would avoid the Zotac brand, if you can find other brand cards that are short enough to fit the SFF case, as their Quality Control appears to be lacking.  Fwiw, my choice of brands in order is EVGA, Gigabyte, and MSI. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Cynthus
Paper Tape
Views: 163
Message 3 of 3

Re: M93p. gtx 1650 upgrade

Thank's for the response, I'll get the gpu in two weeks or so, since right now I'm out of town. I'll definitely choose the 1650 and brand would be MSI. The site from which I'll buy it only offers the MSI and the ASUS brands (of that model), so I'm safe in that aspect.

I'll keep the post updated for all to know.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors