Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BL_BL
Paper Tape
Views: 139
Message 1 of 4

M93p locked up while flashing

Have a M93p that just froze during flashing (keyboard and mouse froze during the Windows part of the flashing (prepping I guess)), after it was sitting for like 15 minutes I then went ahead and power off the unit.

When power cable is plugged in now the fan(s) starts and you see the optical drive blink a few times, but the power LEDs does not lit or blink at all and the screen is black and the system will not boot at all (no POST). Have tested the recovery jumper and removed the battery to no avail (the latest Flash CD-ROM was in the drive).

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 133
Message 2 of 4

Re: M93p locked up while flashing

@BL_BL wrote:
When power cable is plugged in now the fan(s) starts and you see the optical drive blink a few times

Are you certain the CD is bootable?  With it in a different PC, does it boot to a DOS prompt?

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
BL_BL
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 3 of 4

Haven't tested that but a good suggestion, will do!
BL_BL
Paper Tape
Views: 86
Message 4 of 4

CD-R tested in another PC, boots fine so I guess changing/swapping the optical drive is one more thing to test.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors