Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CybermanInc
What's DOS?
Views: 897
Message 1 of 2

M93z AIO Touch screen stopped working after 8.1 upgrade

Brand new AIO, touch screen worked great under Windows 8.  Stopped working after upgrade to 8.1.  Lenovo phone support of no help.  They say, "Reinstall Windows and delete all your data and don't upgrade to 8.1!!!"  LOL, really?  When my customer said no, they said, we will send a tech out to "REPLACE the SCREEN!!!"  LOL  Wow!!

Problems I've found that keep reverting are:

1 - Services, "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service" keeps reverting back to "Manual" startup and "not running" after reboots.  (after I've changed it to "automatic" )

2 - Registry show "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TabletInputServices" Start key keeps reverting back to 3 (manual) after I changed it to 2 (automatic)

3 - Under Device Manager, Many hidden Human Interface devices are grayed out as not connected.

4 - Customer is not happy and Synnex is out of stock and can't replace it promptly. 

This is really looking bad for Lenovo.  Their phone support hasn't a clue how to fix this problem!

Anyone else have this problem?  Anyone actually succcessfully fixed this problem?

type: 10AC

Model: 0011US

Thanks!

BMSoftware
Paper Tape
Views: 237
Message 2 of 2

Re: M93z AIO Touch screen stopped working after 8.1 upgrade

Have had same issue after update of Win 10 - did you find a solution?

Top Kudoed Authors