Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BirtyB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,576
Message 1 of 3

M93z - "Error 0162 - Setup data integrity check failure"

Hi all,

We are having issues applying Thinkcentre M93z BIOS update.  The update itself completes successfully but the following reboot produces the error:

"Error 0162 - Setup data integrity check failure"

“Press F1 to enter Setup, F2 to resume”

At this point it doesn’t matter how many times you press F2 you always receive the same error during POST.  The workaround has been to enter the BIOS and press F9 then F10 to save and exit.  Once this has been done the machine boots without displaying the 0162 error.  If we were manually walking around updating the BIOS on each machine it would be less of an issue but since we are carrying out the BIOS updates via SCCM, visiting each machine is not an option.  It doesn’t matter if you apply the BIOS manually or via SCCM, you see the same error.  For reference we are updating to the latest BIOS revision: FEKT50AUS.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

dthatcher7
Punch Card
Views: 1,472
Message 2 of 3

Re: M93z - "Error 0162 - Setup data integrity check failure"

You don't need F9, just do F1 then F10.

On the other hand, the new BIOS has resulted in my system being noticably slower. I have an HP that I applied the Spectre fix BIOS update on and didn't encounter really much slowdown at all. I would be interested in your observations in this regard.

[EDIT: Sorry, I think I upgraded to a different BIOS than you. I upgraded to FEKT9DA. Nonetheless F1/F10 worked for me.]

edrachman
Serial Port
Views: 1,330
Message 3 of 3

Re: M93z - "Error 0162 - Setup data integrity check failure"

I had a problem with M93p after a failed bios update using Lenovo system update - it seems that the motherboard board locked up or died.

I managed to purchase a repalcement board and sometimes it comes come with "Error 0162 - set up data inetrgrity failure."

The work around seems to be to go into bios and switch the bookt order so that the os hardrive iss een first and then reboot.

What advice or alternative solutions can you offer please?

The M93P is using Bios FBKTCYAUS and runing on Windows 10 version 1803.

Thank you so much,

Philip

Top Kudoed Authors