Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gregsavino
What's DOS?
Views: 210
Message 1 of 2

Memory upgrade or paging to SSD?

Is there any current documentation or whitepapers that illustrate why a customer should upgrade by adding DDR3/4 memory as opposed to believing they will get the same performance by allowing Windows to page out to an SSD drive? Particularly if the software they are running specifically calls for more memory than is currently installed in the machine?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 188
Message 2 of 2

Re: Memory upgrade or paging to SSD?

I don't believe anyone is going to spend time and effort to answer that question, because it makes no sense to run a system that way.    Memory is so cheap, $25 buys 4GB, why even consider not giving your system enough memory.    

If the software they are running specifically calls for more memory than is currently installed, that creates a support issue for them.   If they run into any software problem, and the question is asked 'how much memory is installed?', the vendor is going to walk away, saying "install the required memory, and call us if the problem re-appears".

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors