Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyr500
Paper Tape
Views: 4,892
Message 1 of 7

Missing drivers - PCI Simple Communications Controller - Windows 7 M58e

I would be grateful for help with this problem.

I have just inherited a Lenovo computer from my stepson who has gone abroad to work.

It is a M58e Thinkcentre Machine Type 7847W3L.

The OS is Windows 7 x64 Professional. Service Pack 1.

When I open Device Manager I find that 'PCI Simple Communications Controller' has an error flag against it.

The Information Box for this device says : -

'The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver'

When I try to update the driver, Windows fails to find one.

I have installed all outstanding updates and the update system says now says 'Windows is up to date'

I have read elsewhere in this forum that the required software is an Intel Management Engine Interface. I have therefore downloaded ME_Consumer_Win7_8.1_10_64_11.0.2.1000 from the Intel website on the basis that this is the one listed for Windows 7 x64 but, this refuses to install with the message:-

'This platform is not supported' 

Is this message referring to the motherboard of the M58e?

I am not sure what to do next. Can anyone tell me where to get this missing driver? What do I look for and where do I get it?

Many Thanks

TonyR

rfc
What's DOS?
Views: 4,847
Message 2 of 7

Re: Missing drivers - PCI Simple Communications Controller - Windows 7 M58e

fought this prob several times on diff comps.

best way to sovle is get  a pgm like

driver detective. it will solve many problems.

good luck. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,829
Message 3 of 7

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/ThinkCentre-M-Series-desktops/Thin...

You can get it from the above page
Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
SeniorGuru
Views: 4,790
Message 4 of 7

@tonyr500 wrote:

I have just inherited a Lenovo computer from my stepson who has gone abroad to work.

It is a M58e Thinkcentre Machine Type 7847W3L.

The OS is Windows 7 x64 Professional. Service Pack 1.

When I open Device Manager I find that 'PCI Simple Communications Controller' has an error flag against it.

The Information Box for this device says : -

'The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver'

When I try to update the driver, Windows fails to find one.

I can't remember if drivers for this device "PCI Simple Communications Controller" is installed as part of the Intel Chipset Utility, or Intel Management Engine, or where.  It was a long time ago that I worked with someone for finding this missing driver to eliminate the yellow exclamation mark error on the device.

If you will just do one thing, we can resolve the problem easily.

(1) Get into Device Manager again, to show that device with its yellow exclamation mark error.

(2) Right-click on the device, and select Properties from the popup menu to produce the Properties window dialog.

(3) Select the Details tab, and then click on the down-arrow at the right side of the Properties item (which will be showing Device Description).  This action will produce a dropdown list, with "Hardware IDs" as the second item.  Select that Hardware IDs item so that the Properties item now shows Hardware IDs.

(4) With Hardware IDs showing in the Properties item, the Value item below it will present four lines that precisely define the manufacturer, class, model, type, etc., aka the Plug-n-play identity of the device.  It is what any driver installer looks for to guarantee that you have the appropriate hardware on your machine that the driver supports.

Please copy/paste those four lines here.  We should then be able to locate the appropriate driver installer for you to run to resolve this "missing driver" issue.  I'm not sure it's a critical device to have a driver for, since your hand-me-down computer is very likely running just fine even missing this driver.  But I understand your desire to eliminate any issues, and be sure all Windows Updates have been applied.

For example, performing the above steps for my motherboard's SATA controller in Device Manager produces the following info:

SATA-controller-hardware-id.jpg

tonyr500
Paper Tape
Views: 4,778
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your response. I have done as you suggest and the four lines from Hardware ID

are:-

PCI\VEN_10B5&DEV_9050&SUBSYS_158410B5&REV_01

PCI\VEN_10B5&DEV_9050&SUBSYS_158410B5

PCI\VEN_10B5&DEV_9050&CC_078000

PCI\VEN_10B5&DEV_9050&CC_0780

SeniorGuru
Views: 4,771
Message 6 of 7

tonyr500 wrote:

PCI\VEN_10B5&DEV_9050&SUBSYS_158410B5&REV_01

My research says this is probably some kind of card reader (device 9050) , manufactured by IPCDAS (vendor 10B5).  Or, maybe it's for the controller piece on the motherboard, possibly added in a later manufacturing revision.  I don't see what might be the relevant driver for it on the Lenovo download site foryour M58e.

But I subscribe to the DriverIdentifier site, and was able to find information for the device which also provides what could be an acceptable driver.  If you look down at the bottom of that page, you'll see four items listed which could be usable.  The third one down provides is a link for the driver that appears to be from the IPCDAS manufacturer.

This corresponds to a second page on DriverIdentifier, which also shows that device to be "daqcard" manufactured by IPCDAS, a PCI-TMC12 card. All sounds consistent.

Eventually, I found a link to the IPCDAS download ftp site to retrieve the driver EXE installer file. which is named PCI-TMC12_Win_Setup_3.1.0_x86.exe, which again sounds appropriate

tonyr500
Paper Tape
Views: 4,713
Message 7 of 7

Hi Thanks for the answer.

To bring you up to date I downloaded TMC12_Win_Setup_3.1.0_x86.exe and installed it.

Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. In Device Manager, PCI Simple Communications Controller is still yellow flagged as having a problem. What is interesting is that it installed in a folder called DAQPro which has a similarity to daqcard.

Also interesting and which I didn't see before is that when I open the properties box for this device and then, under the driver tab, click Driver details it tells me "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device". If driver files are not required why is it flagged as having a problem??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors