10-18-2013

US

12 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 17

Multiple Monitors On M93P SFF Desktop

2013-10-18, 20:06 PM

M93P SFF 10A90014US desktop PC. Would like to attach three monitors and display three discrete screens. According to the PSREF it is possible to do this with up to five displays. I have not been able to get this to work this way. I have spoken to technical support twice regarding this issue to no resolve. One support rep said I need an adaptor. Why? There are a total of 5 ports available for video, tried anyway, does not work. The other support rep said change a setting in the BIOS, when I tried that the setting does not exist.  Machine has Nvidea GT620 with one display port and one vga port. System board has 2 display ports and 1 vga port. PSREF says the machine can support up to 5 displays if using the installed video card along with the system board Intel video ports.

Has anyone been successful with this setup? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks...

Solved! See the solution
Options

3807 Posts

01-01-2012

US

7839 Signins

116828 Page Views

• Views: 116828
  • Message 2 of 17

Re: Multiple Monitors On M93P SFF Desktop

2013-10-18, 20:46 PM
Can you explain what the problem is, in detail?
I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.
Options

4 Posts

10-18-2013

US

12 Signins

67 Page Views

• Message 3 of 17

2013-10-20, 14:56 PM

I am trying to get 3 monitors to work in discrete mode, If I connect to 1 vga and 1 display port on the video card I get 2 discrete displays. If I further connect to any of the ports on the system board to get my third display working none of the ports are working. I have two of these systems and have tried to use the system board display ports on both machines and they don't work. I have the BIOS display setting set to auto. This is supposed to sense all ports in the following order: PCI-E, PCI, Integrated.

Options

3807 Posts

01-01-2012

US

7839 Signins

116828 Page Views

• Message 4 of 17

2013-10-20, 20:06 PM
I wrestled with a similar issue when I bought my M91p. The thing that fixed it was selecting "Multi-Monitor Support = Enabled" in the BIOS. That enables using the integrated graphics at the same time as the PCI graphics board.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_NL/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT062228
I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

7 Posts

10-15-2014

USA

11 Signins

123 Page Views

• Views: 123
  • Message 5 of 17

2014-10-15, 2:40 AM

Bigg Al, or someone else: 

I read your posts on the subject of M93p not recognizing the Displayport montior, and I read your (or one of your) sollutions with the link showing how to change the Bios to "multiple monitors" in the video setup. All good. Except that my bios doesn't offer that 4th option (enable multile montiors). It has only "Select Active Video" (providing only IGD), "Pre-Allocated Memory Size" (128MB), and "Total Graphics Memory" (Maximum). 

The unit is M93p running Win 8.1. The unit is new (less than 24hrs). I tested other monitors on USB and VGA ports, all function fine. But no signal is coming out from the Displayport. However, if the displayport cable to the monitor is disconnected, the monitor shows "no digital signal". So, something is coming through.

Lenovo tech (called them twice) first said they don't support outside monitors. Really?! Then they said the machine is defective. (Really?!). I explained from researching this site, many folks suffer from the same issue. They are perplexed and said they'd get back to me in a few days.

From the posts about this, I guess it may have to do with Bios settings (but I don't have the 4th option), or video card jumpers (?!), or changing the VGA and Displayport priorities (except that the monitor is not receiving info). I don't want to return another Lenovo product to them for poor repair. Please help. Thank you!

Options

4 Posts

10-18-2013

US

12 Signins

67 Page Views

• Message 6 of 17

2014-10-15, 13:46 PM

Make sure your BIOS is updated, (important), then follow ALL of the steps in the solution in the previous post. Did you check if the model you have is able to use all the video parts at once? Sometimes it depends on the Intel video being present in the machine. You can check your model in the PSREF, http://www.lenovo.com/psref/pdf/psref461.pdf.

Options

7 Posts

10-15-2014

USA

11 Signins

123 Page Views

• Message 7 of 17

2014-10-15, 21:29 PM

Hi, thank you for responding to my question.

wrote:

Make sure your BIOS is updated, (important), then follow ALL of the steps in the solution in the previous post. Did you check if the model you have is able to use all the video parts at once? Sometimes it depends on the Intel video being present in the machine. You can check your model in the PSREF, http://www.lenovo.com/psref/pdf/psref461.pdf.

In response to your answer and suggestions:

Regarding the BIOS - Lenovo tech updated the BIOS (while on a service call), but I don't feel confident it's the correct BIOS. It is the most recent as from the Lenovo site: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-m-series-desktops/thinkcentre-m93p?tabName=Downloads

Regarding the prior post (that showed 4 options in the Devices /Video Setup, my BIOS shows only 3 options. It doesn't provide the "enable multiple monitor" option.

Regarding checking if the model is able to use all the video parts at once - and for the Intel card being present in the machine. I used your link to check PSREF (thank you) and modified your link (from Laptops to Think Centre). http://www.lenovo.com/psref/pdf/tcbook.pdf   I located my machine M93p 10AA XO5800 (between pages 90-93) but my exact model config is not listed. It has Intel i5-4570T, 8gb RAM, 128 SSD, Intel HD Graphics 4600, Win 8.1, BIOS FBKT99AUS -

I don't know what further to do. Please suggest,

Thank you for your time.

Options

3807 Posts

01-01-2012

US

7839 Signins

116828 Page Views

• Message 8 of 17

2014-10-16, 3:36 AM

It doesn't appear that you have a PCI graphics card? In which case, the BIOS setting would not apply to you, you'll want to leave it at the default.   What are you using to connect to the DP to to your monitor, specifically?

Options

7 Posts

10-15-2014

USA

11 Signins

123 Page Views

• Message 9 of 17

2014-10-16, 11:23 AM

Hi, thanks for your question as to what I am using to connect the Displayport to the monitor.

BiggAl wrote:

It doesn't appear that you have a PCI graphics card? In which case, the BIOS setting would not apply to you, you'll want to leave it at the default.   What are you using to connect to the DP to to your monitor, specifically?

I am using a Displayport to HDMI dongle adapter (I tried two brands) and tried with DP to DVI dongle adapter. The dongles produce the same result: monitor response suggests that it does receive something because when the cable is disconnected, the monitor displays a warning that there is no digital input.

Lenovo tech wants me to use a Belkin dongle or a dongle of their own branding. So I have ordered also a New Genuine LENOVO IBM DisplayPort to DVI-D Adapter Cable Dongle 43N9160 43N9159. If this is solved /caused by a dongle compatibliity issue, I will be very surprised. 

As per whether the M93p has a PCI graphics card: I don't know if it does or not. The Specs (both on PSREF http://www.lenovo.com/psref/pdf/tcbook.pdf ) and specificly: http://www.partnerinfo.lenovo.com/partners/nz/products/downloads/thinkcentre-mseries/M93%20M93p_TechSpec_2013.5.15.pdf

show either PCI card slots or PCI cards. (Or the question may be obvioius Yes or No, and I can't tell for sure.)

If it helps, I post here two internal pictures:

m93p 1.jpg

m93p2.jpg

Please advise.

Thank you again.

Options

7 Posts

10-15-2014

USA

11 Signins

123 Page Views

• Message 10 of 17

2014-10-16, 11:26 AM

To add, the M93p form factor is TINY. Perhaps I am confusing folks by responding to the SFF form factor thread. I did so as it appeared to me this thread was potentially most helpful and related to M93p Tiny.

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save