Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkCentre DesktopsThinkCentre A, E, M, S Series
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-26-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Need Help Switching From TPM 1.2 to 2.0

2021-06-26, 21:36 PM

I have a M93p ThinkCentre with an Intel i7-4770k 4-Core CPU

I lieu of the upcoming Windows 11 update I decided to try and switch to TPM 2.0, or to turn on PTT through the BIOS. However, I have not found anything pertaining to that specific option in the BIOS, and I am unsure of whether or not it is an issue with the model I have or my CPU. I read here that the option is simply missing, however, I'm not sure if those are the same series as what I have.

Many sources say to just "look for a TPM setting under 'Security' in BIOS" and "Look for 'PTT' in BIOS under CPU" or "Look for 'fTPM' in BIOS under CPU"

The only setting I have found relating to the TPM is the "TCG" settings. Do I need to do something with those in order to be able to switch from TPM 1.2 to 2.0? Is it simply impossible on my system?

Options

7163 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29276 Signins

1677453 Page Views

• Views: 1677453
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Need Help Switching From TPM 1.2 to 2.0

2021-06-26, 22:08 PM

Good day.

Per Microsoft, Windows 11 will be rolled out beginning later this year and continuing into 2022. Since Windows 11 is currently still in development, the exact rollout plan is unknown. This means that there can be no definitive answers to questions right now.

A new sub-forum has been created for Windows 11 Pre-Release Discussions: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-11-Pre-Release/bd-p/EN-win11, which includes guidance based on the information currently available. Please do review that information, and post any questions which remain unanswered in the new sub-forum.

This topic is now locked, but it is being left in place to act as a pointer to the appropriate sub-forum.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms