Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Francisco548
Paper Tape
Views: 124
Message 1 of 2

Need Help Thinkcentre M83

The video is not working well, only black and white. want to install a graphics card, MSI NVidia GEFORCE FT 710, but the drivers for Windows 10 must be installed. How to install the card is not included in the manual. If I install the card and leave the conexion to RGB I see nothing in the monitor. If I change it to HMDI and conect the new card, I see nothing, in fact nothing is transmitted to the monitor. Can somebody, please help on this? I was told to instal the drivers after the card is installed, but how if I cannot see anything in the monitor> Thanks very much.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 90
Message 2 of 2

Re: Need Help Thinkcentre M83

Before the graphics card was installed, the display was black and white?  It could equally be true that the monitor is failing, did you test with a different monitor? 

When you install a graphics card, the integrated graphics are typically disabled, and the ports built into the system are disabled, and you must connect to the ports on the card itself.  (Windows 10 will load a 'Basic' driver for the card to enable video for the proper driver is installed.)  Since you are switching to a HDMI port, on some monitors, you must select the input port using the buttons / menu on the monitor, read the manual for the monitor. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors