Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyc1266
What's DOS?
Views: 792
Message 1 of 5

Need help : M72e TINY Flash bios fail

Hi all,

I used Lenovo M72e TINY / 3264CTO . I run TVT system update from this machine and update flash bios from system update, after complete and reboot , I found machine fail, I cant boot anything, I try to fix this by load BIOS image for CD (f4j957usa) and burn this image to CDR and DVDR and change boot device to DVD but it can not boot this CD image  (BIOS IMAGE) from DVD or CD.

Now, I can not use this machine.

How to solve this problem.

Thank you very much

YC

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 709
Message 2 of 5

Re: Need help : M72e TINY Flash bios fail

From the pinned thread at the top.   Let us know if you have any problems: 

2.   Some questions can be answered with the 'Hardware Maintenance Manual' for your system, such as:   What expansion slots do I have?  And what ports, on the back and inside?   Installing memory.   Replacing the CMOS battery.   Adding a second drive.   How to recover from a failed BIOS update?   Go to the Lenovo Support page for your system, select the 'Documentation' tab, and 'Hardware Maintenance Manuals' on the left side. 

Evgen007
What's DOS?
Views: 589
Message 3 of 5

Hi guys,

I'm having a similar problem.

Updated M72 Tiny (4004G7U) to F4KT55AUS, which went well, and then decided to check BIOS updates from Lenovo.

Downloaded F4KT58AUS - it gives error during flush. Same with F4KT57AUS.

Did anyone try to update BIOS for this model recently?

Lenovo system updater can't help as well.

Looks like Lenovo issue - weird nobody reported it so far.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 577
Message 4 of 5

Did you use the USB drive update?   Are you able to source a USB optical drive to try the CD ISO update? 

DanGal
What's DOS?
Views: 165
Message 5 of 5

I too have this  problem.  I have a M72e 3758-CT0 machine with the IH61M V4.2 motherboard.

I updated the BIOS using an ISO image I downloaded from the Lenovo website but after I updated it, it was unable to boot into Windows.  If I pressed F12 I was able to choose WIndows Boot Manager manually and then it would boot into WIndows without a problem.  I tried a few different options in BIOS to get it to load windows from the SSD with no luck.  Eventually I powered the system down and then after that I couldn't even go into BIOS.  Fan spins high and no video.  Feels like the motherboard is screwed.

Can't even try to run the ISO image from a CDROM again because I can't get that far into the BIOS.

Does anyone know what to do here?

Dan.

Top Kudoed Authors