cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colesdad2
What's DOS?
Views: 143
Message 1 of 1

Need help adding wireless to M800 SFF, have recommended parts, need cables x2???

I am attempting to add wireless to an M800SFF, Model# 10FYCT01WW.  I am competent with boards and such.  Many of the parts are marked as "FRU" in support documentation, but I cannot locate a Lenovo authorized outfit that will even respond to my inquiries.  From perusing these forums I purchased the following parts: 01AJ815 PCI/PCIe card, 00JT497 adapter, 04X2745 front antenna, 03T7203 rear antenna.

I opened the box today to install and it seems I am still missing a few required parts:

(1) screw to seat the adapter onto the riser card (I know this is silly, but does anyone know specs of this screw?)

(1) cable for the rear antenna.  I cannot find this part number anywhere.

(1) "Riser card USB header cable", PN# 03T6556.  I am unclear if I need this for WiFi, or if it is required only for Bluetooth functionality.  From photos, this cable appears to carry power.  So, is it required to power the 01AJ815?

Apologies if this is redundant; I haven't seen these items mentioned in any other thread addressing the addition of WiFi to this model.

Any and all direction from more experienced folks appreciated!

Mike

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors