Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe1313
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,146
Message 1 of 4

New M900 Desktop boots to blank screen

I never saw this before. Brand new M900 out of the box connected to a Dell monitor, Windows 10. Boots up and does not make a connection to the monitor. Monitor says no input source. Changed monitors, cables, different connections (HDMI, etc). Multiple reboots of each of the different setups. Monitor(s) remain black. Connected to the internet, reboot with Dell monitor and monitor displays comes to life. I thought it just needed to find it's drivers. Registered the machine and powered down. Later, booted up the M900 – monitor black again. Retried changing everything out again - no monitor. So I purchased a new Lenovo monitor. No luck, still a black monitor. I would appreciate any ideas.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,090
Message 2 of 4

Re: New M900 Desktop boots to blank screen

Connected to the internet, reboot with Dell monitor and monitor displays comes to life. I thought it just needed to find it's drivers. Registered the machine and powered down.

Can you give further details about how the monitor came to life this time?   What type of monitor cables have you tried?   If you are using a DP adapter, please give the brand and model.  

You don't give the form factor, is it a larger system, with the ability to plug in cards?   Is there a card in the slot closest to the power cord? 

Joe1313
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,065
Message 3 of 4

BiggAl,

Thanks for the response. This issuse has caught the attention of the Lenovo customer service team. In a fews days a Lenovo tech will be looking at the machine. I'll keep you informed to let you know the resolution. Thanks again.

Joe1313
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,035
Message 4 of 4

BiggAl,

Lenovo sent a tech out. After replacing the motherboard, testing memory, adjusting the Bios, and updating the drives, it came down to a bad video card. The decision was to return the machine and start over. I will say their customer service was outstanding. I'll continue to purchase Lenovo products in the future. Thanks again.

Top Kudoed Authors