Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sstretzotg
Paper Tape
Views: 1,167
Message 1 of 6

New Thinkcentre M700 Tiny Dual Display issue

I've seen several posts related to this in some way, but either no answer or somewhat different. In any case:

The issue I have is that I recently purchased multiple ThinkCentre M700 Tiny's and all of them have the same issue. I can plug in either monitor into either individual display port and have it work, but if I try to plug in both, the second is not recognized and leaves the monitor blank. If I try to detect another monitor in Windows (7 X64 pro), then it shows "Another display not connected" that is available output on Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, but I cant select it, or use it in any way. If I apply, that "monitor" stays there indefinetly and another detect will bring up a 3rd. The monitors are connected directly via DP>DP and DP>DP.

I've run Windows Updates entirely. No luck.

I've tried removing the intel driver entirely and reinstalling from Windows Updates, no luck.

I ran Lenovo System Update and installed all recommended and optional patches. Nothing.

I've tried updating the BIOS to FWKT6AA from Lenovo's site. No luck.

I've tried switching the monitor mode in BIOS away from auto, no luck and no options to enable dual monitor. I searched through all of the BIOS for any such option.

I've upgraded the Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 driver to 20.19.15.4474 (highest on Lenovo's update page) no luck

I've tried upgrading the Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 driver from Intel's website directly. They do not install and instead throw an error when trying.

I've looked through the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel for any options that may help. Nothing.

I've upgraded the DisplayLink Core Software to 8.1.848.0. Nothing.

This is obviously a frustrating issue as I've put forth quite a bit of effort into something that is supposed to natively support a dual-monitor setup. I do not have the optional VGA outlet nor would I want to utilize it.

Any ideas?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,108
Message 2 of 6

Re: New Thinkcentre M700 Tiny Dual Display issue

Please tell us what the DisplayLink software is being used for?   Did you test dual DP on the M700 before installing it?  What is the final display configuration you're wanting to achieve?     

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
sstretzotg
Paper Tape
Views: 1,103
Message 3 of 6

The DisplayLink Software may or may not being used. From my perspective, I have 0 reason to think it should have any effect, but I'm going through everything at this point.

No we did not test the dual DP on the M700 prior to installing onsite. This isn't a common issue that I have trouble quickly resolving in general, and the assumption in purchasing a device that is marketed as supporting dual-display with only 2 ports available would lead one to assume it should work. I've had issues in the past with other devices, but I've always been able to solve them with similar methods as described above.

The final configuration is, as described, 2 monitors side-by-side in an extended view connected via DP cable to both of the DP ports on the M700 ThinkCentre.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,091
Message 4 of 6

The final configuration is, as described, 2 monitors side-by-side in an extended view connected via DP cable to both of the DP ports on the M700 ThinkCentre.

Is a known good configuration.   I suggest you uninstall all the DisplayLink software, and retest.  Clean the registry if need be.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
sstretzotg
Paper Tape
Views: 1,071
Message 5 of 6

I've uninstalled all displaylink software and ran CCleaner against the registry (although its a out-of-box system for the most part).

No luck.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics drivers again incase there was some association between that and the Displaylink, still no luck.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,062
Message 6 of 6

If you don't have a case open with Tech Support, I recommend you do so.   If you could let us know the outcome, that could help other M700 owners.   Ty. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors