Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWBlue
Serial Port
Views: 367
Message 1 of 5

New computer starts in Power Saving mode on ThinkVision P24h, type 61AE

Just received  a M920t tower and ThinkVision P24h monitor. 

When pressing the Power button on the tower I receive the message "Power Saver" mode and the monitor screen goes blank.

Mod: edited Subject line to add monitor type

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 330
Message 2 of 5

Re: New computer starts in Power Saving mode

@JWBlue wrote:

I receive the message "Power Saver" mode and the monitor screen goes blank.

Usually indicates that the monitor is not receiving any video from the computer. 

If you have a graphics card in the PCI slots, with the default settings a new computer has, the monitor must be connected to a port on the graphics card -- the ports on the motherboard amongst the other ports on the rear panel are disabled.  Lenovo graphics cards for ThinkCentres often have two DisplayPorts (DP), the sole VGA port is on the motherboard. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
JWBlue
Serial Port
Views: 324
Message 3 of 5

@BiggAl wrote:

@JWBlue wrote:

Usually indicates that the monitor is not receiving any video from the computer. 

If you have a graphics card in the PCI slots, with the default settings a new computer has, the monitor must be connected to a port on the graphics card -- the ports on the motherboard amongst the other ports on the rear panel are disabled.  Lenovo graphics cards for ThinkCentres often have two DisplayPorts (DP), the sole VGA port is on the motherboard. 

Though for sure that was the issue.  Didn't work.

JWBlue
Serial Port
Views: 297
Message 4 of 5

@BiggAlYU wrote:

@JWBlue wrote:

I might have read this incorrectly.  Do I need to use the VGA port or other DisplayPort?

Previously I was using the USB-c cable that came with the monitor.  When I was doing that I received the message , "No connection found." or something like that.  The message was different when I was using the incorrect cord.

I am using  a DisplayPort cable.  Tried both ports.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 308
Message 5 of 5

You're connecting via the included DP cable?  Be aware that the two DP ports on the monitor, one is an input, and one an output, you must be on the input port (page 1-10.)  Also, the manual mentions selecting the input, HDMI, DP etc. though the menu of the monitor (page 2-5.)

ThinkVision P24h-10 User Guide

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors