Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BulldogXX
Paper Tape
Views: 3,442
Message 1 of 8

No Core i7 ThinkCentre Desktops?

I was on Lenovo's website to shop for a ThinkCentre Desktop with a Core i7 processor. Couldn't find a single one! Searching the website with "Core i7" as the search term (sans quotes, of course) didn't return a single PC with that processor. Even a search of this Forum turned up empty.

Core i7 is not a new product!

Does Lenovo not offer desktop PCs with Core i7? Or have I been 'looking for love in all the wrong places'?

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 3,374
Message 2 of 8

Re: No Core i7 ThinkCentre Desktops?

currently the i7 product is not released in the Thinkcentre range, Thinkcentre is mainly designed upon the philosphy of cost effectiveness and power usage efficiency, due to greater consumer demand for these two features. Much of the Thinkcentre machine are sold to corporate or organisation customers, where outright processing power is not required, there is little incentive for Lenovo to release such machines with the i7 CPU due to low customer demand for that particular feature.

But given Intel's increased focus on their i5/7 range of cpus, i think there is a good chance of that particular CPU will be implemented in the upcoming revamp of the lenovo thinkcentre/thinkstation range of products. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
BulldogXX
Paper Tape
Views: 3,372
Message 3 of 8

Re: No Core i7 ThinkCentre Desktops?

I understand Lenovo's point of view. Thank you.

Khalifa
Punch Card
Views: 2,419
Message 4 of 8

Re: No Core i7 ThinkCentre Desktops?entre

Ya I was shocked to! I needed new desktop in my home office as a replacement my to my old P4 ThinkCentre which is almost done! and then I came to know the lack of i7 in the new TC line so I'm looking elsewhere but I need something really reliable and i7 powered...

Views: 2,402
Message 5 of 8

@Khalifa wrote:

Ya I was shocked to! I needed new desktop in my home office as a replacement my to my old P4 ThinkCentre which is almost done! and then I came to know the lack of i7 in the new TC line so I'm looking elsewhere but I need something really reliable and i7 powered...

This post is from last year. The i7 CPU is now available in the M90 Thinkcentre. 

Regards,

Jin Li

mmdn
Paper Tape
Views: 2,271
Message 6 of 8

I saw the post for M90 with i7 on the website back in July but when called vendor for the system, they said i7 will not release till fall. Now the fall is here no were to be seen an i7 for Think Center. I would love to have 5-10 units but nowhere to be found.
Views: 2,254
Message 7 of 8

maybe you should call up about the availability.
Regards,

Jin Li

Khalifa
Punch Card
Views: 2,125
Message 8 of 8

It says up to Core i7 but once you go to configuration only Core i5 anyhow i purchased an Apple iMac Core i7 and i love it...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors