Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yajunuve
Paper Tape
Views: 114
Message 1 of 3

Older Lenovo M72e

I have an older Lenovo M72e I found and would like to fix, no display on VGA out, it boots, fans spin but it gives some sort of beep code, it has a long pause then beeps quickly twice (3 - 3 - 1 - 1?). If I pull the ram I get a much louder different beep code so I assume it is not the ram (1-stick, which I cleaned). I also attempted to reset the CMOS. Im not experianced with this sort of thing and am not sure what to do nest. Im wondering if maybe it had a different video card in its previous life so its not outputting to the mobo's default?

Thank you

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 89
Message 2 of 3

Re: Older Lenovo M72e

3-3-1-1     Used to mean you need to set the time, but not sure on that model.       It could be that someone set the BIOS to PEG (discrete video card) instead of leaving it set to the default Auto setting, but I would think resetting the CMOS would fix that.

You might try the Recovering from a POST/BIOS update failure instrutions on page 157 of the Hardware Maintenance Manual and see if that helps.

Best of luck,

yajunuve
Paper Tape
Views: 77
Message 3 of 3

Re: Older Lenovo M72e

Does this have to be on a CD-R or can it be on a flash drive. I just tried to write the utility from the website onto a flashdrive and it didnt change anything. Also I dont know if I got the code correct the 3's are silence and its in a loop about 90 seconds after booting.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors