Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please noteour guidelines.How to register and login andCommunity FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blogCheck out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Performance differences between XP on my old HP and replacement Lenovo 8810-WA3

Hello out there:

I had my virus-cleaned HP Windows XP Hard Drive data transferred to my replacement Lenovo.  I like my computer finagled to respond in my old, familiar, set-in-my ways routine. If anyone can offer advise to make it so, I would appreciate it. I have unsuccessfully searched and clicked on the computer and forums.

1.  I want my computer to immediately open a file/folder when I click on it.  The new XP Pro computer immediately opens a Search program.  To get immediate opening, I now have to right click to call up an option menu, that has Search above Open on it. Then I have to click open.

2.  I want my usb 2.0 connected Acomdata external storage Hard Drive to open with its black background menu (Restore, Skype, Explore, etc) and N in the lower right area of my task bar.  When I first downloaded the driver CD Disc, it was recognized and the Acomdata worked as usual.  Now, when I flip the on switch, an Autoload window comes up, the drive is divided in 2, as a removable device and as a CD Drive (which now contains all options on the driver disc as Winzip).  I tried to shut off autoload, but Acomdata is not listed as a Program.  When I close the autoload window before it completes its task, all the Acomdata menu and options appear and N is on the task bar.

3.  I prefer my computer to start in Normal mode.  When I run msconfig, the computer is set as Selective with various programs installed by my computer tec.  When I pressed Normal, the computer restarted with all my email/web modem addresses missing and requiring their re-entry.  When I re-pressed Selective and restarted, the computor had these addresses up and working.

Thanks to anyone who may help me get what I want, without 2 or three unnessary additional steps that rattle my nerves and grind my  teeth.