Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagythomas16
Blue Screen Again
Views: 178
Message 1 of 4

Permanent freezes and broken USB ports!

My device is: Lenovo ThinkCentre E73

The greater the load, the greater the chance that the machine will freeze! I recently installed Windows 7 64x on my machine but still there is a problem! i took the graphics card out of it and it still freezes at a higher load but if i just browse the internet it will go away for days! I also ran a CD RAM test but nothing went wrong! USB ports don't work, they make windows feel like plugging in and out of USB devices (I'm currently installing operating systems using an optical drive)! I have put the BIOS back to factory default once (I even removed the button cell)! If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it! It's impossible in PhotoShop, to render and play video on your computer!

Thanks in advance for the answers!
Highlighted
Lenovo Employee Seven2019
Lenovo Employee
Views: 145
Message 2 of 4

Re: Permanent freezes and broken USB ports!

There are several common solutions:

a. Get rid of the dust in PC.

b. unplug memory, clean memory with Non-dust cloth.

c.fix hard disk with DiskGenius.

d.add memory module.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 125
Message 3 of 4

Were the USB ports working before you reinstalled Windows 7?  Are they all not working?  How do you connect the keyboard and mouse? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
nagythomas16
Blue Screen Again
Views: 117
Message 4 of 4

USB ports didn't go before installing Win7 either! (Ubuntu, Win10)
It brings the fun of recognizing the mouse, keyboard and USB headset only! Connections that are a bit bigger (say a printer or an external HDD, Pendrive or whatever) react as if I were pulling it in and out! (Drivers updated, of course!)

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors