cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jase0812
Paper Tape
Views: 87
Message 1 of 2

Please give me some insight - I bought a m720SFF and it has no HDMI ports. My Dell has HDMI outs

I just bought a M720 SFF and realized their is no HDMI outs (or ins ) , display port on tower. 

I have a dell monitir with HDMI out ... Do I buy a graphics card with an HDMI slot and pop it into my new machine ? and does it have to be lenovo ? Thx sooo much

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 67
Message 2 of 2

Re: Please give me some insight - I bought a m720SFF and it has no HDMI ports. My Dell has HDMI outs

To connect a HDMI monitor or TV using the built-in Intel graphics, a DisplayPort (DP) to HDMI adapter/cable is needed.  There are two DP ports on the rear panel of the motherboard.  Most DP adapters support FHD (1920x1080), if the resolution is higher, including 4K, an adapter supporting that resolution is required.  I suggest buying a quality, brand name adapter.  One advantage of buying this adapter from Lenovo, is that it will be one stop if any Tech Support is needed. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors