Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magmad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,980
Message 1 of 4

Problem in Rescue and Recovery

I am using a thinkcentre with 200 G harddisk. I notice a memory warning recently that I has got just 15G left. However, I just find there is only about 70G of all files in my C drive. I have asked the technican in the hotline. He said the memory is held by rescus and recovery program for the storage of the backup files. He asked me to delete the backup files in R & R but I cannot. He said there might be some problem in R&R and thus he said I might reinstall my computer.
Are there any other solution? If I remove the R&R program, can I release the memory this program has held before?
Thank you so much!

Mag Kwan
ThinkCentre A55 Slim E2140
Pentium E2140, 2G ram, 250G harddisk
Windom Vista Home basic
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,973
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem in Rescue and Recovery

magmad, welcome to the forum,

Which method did you try to use to delete the backups? Did you try deleting them through the R&R console or directly from the hard drive? It would also be usefull to know if you received any error messages like "not enough space" or similar.

thx

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

magmad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,952
Message 3 of 4

Thanks so much!
Actually I deleted it through R&R as I cannot find such files in my files manage. The technican told me that the backup files are hiddens in C-drive that I cannot find it. Is it true?
sometimes I found warning with "not enough memory for voice recognition" when I am using win word.

Mag Kwan
ThinkCentre A55 Slim E2140
Pentium E2140, 2G ram, 250G harddisk
Windom Vista Home basic
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,940
Message 4 of 4

If I remember rightly, (stated in another post which I can't find in order to credit the poster), that if you weren't able to delete all from R&R, delete the last one and then the others.
The Backups are in an hidden folder called RRBackups. 

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors