cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodrigoMelo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 837
Message 1 of 7

Problem updating mt BIOS on Windows 10, Please help!

Hello

On the process of updating my BIOS, after downloading "Flash UEFI BIOS update (Flash from operating system version)" and opening the readme file, i came across a dificulty that im not able to continue my process.

(https://us.download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_bios/fbj9ccusa.txt): readme file

So, i did everything correctly untill the step 2 of the "Installing the Package" process, basically when a put the command (

"cd C:\SWTOOLS\FLASH\FBJYxxUSA\"

)

on the Prompt, appear a message saying: "iit not recognized as an internal or external command"

I already changed the path on my Computer properties, but nothing seems to work out

If someone could lend a hand, i would aprecciate a lot. Thanks!

Btw: im using windos 10

https://gyazo.com/33367d1e74576f72ace4236867258266: sorry about being in portuguese, i really dont know how to make it in english, just in case someone wants to see what appears

Edit 1: my pc is a desktop M93p

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 830
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problem updating mt BIOS on Windows 10, Please help!

Hello and welcome,

Looks like you're leaving out the "cd" in that command line.  cd - change directory - is the command.  what that follows is the path to the directory.  You need the whole line, including the cd.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

RodrigoMelo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 825
Message 3 of 7

Even when i put the whole line, the same message appears
And testing other commands such as ipconfig are working on my Prompt
RodrigoMelo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 795
Message 4 of 7

Even with the full line, still doesnt work and the same message appears

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 787
Message 5 of 7

I suggest you download the CD ISO (.iso) file, burn a CD, and bypass Windows for the update. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Highlighted
RodrigoMelo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 784
Message 6 of 7

Im sorry, but how do you do thath, is there a link for any tutorial or something?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 771
Message 7 of 7

This thread may help:  M92p - How to access & update the BIOS

Google for M93p, bios.  Burn a CD with the "CD ISO image" (.iso file), restart the computer with CD in, and follow the on-screen directions.  Answer no to changing the system model number or serial. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors