Did you mean: 
Highlighted
zayebali
Paper Tape
Views: 483
Message 1 of 7

Product Identification for driver download

Hello,

I have to reinstall OS on my lenovo desktop, but can't find a product amogst the list. Can anyone help me to identify the model so I can download the correct drivers for it?

Please don't navigate me to product selection pages, and cmd.exe and all other, If you can simply tell me the model it would be great.

At the back of tower I have a stick, written in Chinese and then in Latin: KAITIAN M470R, is this supposed to be model? I can NOT find it in the product list for driver support though.

Other is product year I guess which is : 2008, and then NA 10659654 this a kinda serial or model number I guess.

I know same drivers might be suitable for different models, so please if you know excatly which model I should look for in driver support list, please tell me.

Appreciate your help 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 430
Message 2 of 7

Re: Product Identification for driver download

System labels for my 2 desktops are small white on black on the side towards the front, model # on top line, serial bottom line.   No Chinese or Latin.   If that doesn't help, perhaps you can post some photos here (using Photos button above) of the front & back of your system, and the labels you see.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 429
Message 3 of 7

Congratulations.  You have 3 posts today, probably all in the wrong forum area, no problem. Thus your posts are going thru.

You are in Turkmenistan with a machine with a sticker, showing serial number, product number and other info. It seems you wish to identify the machine type and model number to use on the support page

Latin: KAITIAN M470R <Kaitian builds machine shells(items)<no help

(1)Take a picture of the sticker and post it here.

(2)What operating system do you have? windows 7,8,10 or other? 

Click start button, locate system administrative tools>select system information item. 

State system model(line 7).

Example:

info.PNG

Your machine May be an Ideapad designed for the Chinese market and marketed in other countries under another name. Thus different statements on the sticker you observed. SYSINFO line 7 is the best feedback.

10x59xxx  seems to be a serial number.

Note:

Mod has removed your other 2 posts to focus on your main issue. Thanks Mod.

zayebali
Paper Tape
Views: 399
Message 4 of 7

Yes, 3 messages, but don't think all three in wrong area )) not so bad, is this wrong area to post as well, isn't this desktop discussion area?
I couldn't get "start new topic button" at first, even so was registered to forum.
I will take some pictures soon, at least I know that Kaitian is not model.
OS is Windows 7 x86, but not sure if the system was not reinstalled before. The machines were originally supplied for a government organisation, unfortunately the vendor company, who supplied the machines, couldn't bother themselves with antivirus software installation and took no measure to prevent machines from getting infected. I had to use rescue disks in Linux to remove viruses (since it was not able to install antivirus and run in the system itself) and now system doesn't run stable, as expected.
I will try to get more info, hope that helps.
Thank you for reply.
sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 388
Message 5 of 7

Your machine type and model should also show in the BIOS. 

zayebali
Paper Tape
Views: 350
Message 6 of 7

Hello guys,

Here I come back. Sysinfo tool and dxdiag was quite helpful. What I got for model is 870020z.  It's probably 3000 series desktop. Unfortunately couldn't find drivers (or actually model) on Lenovo's page so had to google for them. (Appreciate anyone could link me to the page on Lenovo support). I found a page with drivers and they seem to match. From desktop's sysinfo I noticed what runs for video, audio, chipset and network; as these are most important. Chipset is Intel ICH7 family, video runs on Intel's some 82945G family express chipset, and so on. I had to search for drivers from diffrenet sources, hope they will be OK.

Now the question remains, I downloaded driver for audio using DEV/ID, it's a kind of high defition device from Analog Devices, this OK. But for chipset I also have this Microsoft UAA High Defition Audio Bus driver or whatever it is, which is around 200 MB. Now if I'm correct it's like I need 2 "drivers" for audio, one is device driver from Analog devices and one is Microsoft High Definition to make this integrated audio run. 

1. Do I have to install both, or one of them will be enough?

2. Is this Microsoft UAA High Defnition driver a part of Windows 7 installation and will be installed by default during OS installation, or do I have to install it after?

Thank you.

zayebali
Paper Tape
Views: 335
Message 7 of 7

Ok, here is the best solution. After windows installation I realized that all the drivers are a part of OS installation, so actually I didn't have to worry about drivers as a separate matter. Microsoft drivers are OK. All devices function properly, no conflict or malfunction. There is no need to search for drivers for the model mentioned above.
Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors