Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teskymachina
Paper Tape
Views: 250
Message 1 of 4

RTX 2080 TI in M92p tower

I have an M92p tower that i would like to upgrade the gpu with an RTX 2080 TI. here is a link to the specifiactions of my desktop. https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/thinkcentre/m-series-towers/m92p/ I have an i7 processor.

Am not a gamer, and will strictly use it for mining crypto. Anyway, wondering if the motherboard on this desktop will be compatible with the RTX. Am not sure if this is the motherboard model no but it says ASM (03T7083). I know i would also have to switch out the power supply, so if this motherboard is compatible with the RTX, i would really appreciate if i could also get suggestions on a compatible power supply that would provide at least 600watts. Thanks in advance for all the replies.

teskymachina
Paper Tape
Views: 176
Message 2 of 4

Re: RTX 2080 TI in M92p tower

still hope someone can help me with this, my RTX is arriving tomorrow.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 163
Message 3 of 4

While it's known that RTX 2070 will work in a M92p, I doubt that anyone has tried a 2080, let alone a Ti.  My concern would be the length of the card fitting into space for the graphics card, and the amount of heat that card can generate.  It is possible to attach a standard size fan to the front metal grill under the drives, and add ventilated PCI slot covers. 

The Corsair CX M(odular) series power supplies are popular in these systems.  You will need the 24-pin to 14-pin power adapter for the main ATX power cable. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
teskymachina
Paper Tape
Views: 144
Message 4 of 4

thank you sir. I didn't realize the gpu was this big. it exactly 12 inches, so it won't fit. i appreciate the reply.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors