Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkCentre DesktopsThinkCentre A, E, M, S Series
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

11-17-2012

Canada

3 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 1 of 4

Replaced Thinkcentre HD, don't have mobo disc, can't find correct drivers on Lenovo site

2012-11-17, 2:03 AM

Please help me find the correct mobo drivers for my Wife's PC

MTQ45NK

6234 A1U

New HD installed, but can't find drivers ....

I tried drivers from the Lenovo site, but they don't work

I need the following, and any others I'm missing;

Ethernet

Chipset

Audio

Thanks for your help

Greg

Options

4 Posts

11-17-2012

Canada

3 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkcentre HD failed, don't have mobo disc, can't find correct drivers on Lenovo site

2012-11-17, 2:31 AM

Anyone ?

I can't even use update tools as I have no ethernet drivers

Options

8973 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77776 Signins

2227225 Page Views

• Views: 2227225
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Thinkcentre HD failed, don't have mobo disc, can't find correct drivers on Lenovo site

2012-11-17, 5:19 AM

Which ethernet driver have you tried?  According to the driver matrix, this is the one for an M58p: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_drivers/c2etn08us17.exe

Are you following the instructions in the readme?  Looks to be a two-step process: run the exe to extract the files, then navigate to the location where the files ended up and double click on the appropriate file:  http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_drivers/c2etn08us17.txt

For the record, what operating system are you running?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

4 Posts

11-17-2012

Canada

3 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

SOLVED Re: Thinkcentre HD failed, don't have mobo disc, can't find correct drivers on Lenovo site

2012-11-20, 22:08 PM

Thanks for the effort Zoltan

I tried that exact file and it wouldn't enable the onboard NIC. It would execute, but the only one that had any effect was the video

OS is XP Pro

I fixed it yesterday though ...

I butchered an old Linksys NIC so the case could close, installed AVG Free and .Net 3.5, and was then able to use Thinkvantage System Update

All is well

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms