Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rbben
Paper Tape
Views: 744
Message 1 of 2

S50 after booting from floppy will not recognize HD

I am attempting to install MS DOS 6.22 on a new partition from a floppy - I created the partition using GAG partitioning software & when booting from HD (WinXP) I can see the new partition and interact with it in WinXP. However when trying to sys the new partition, if I boot from the Floppy It cannot access the HD at all - neither partition. My DOS Floppy works fine in 2 other computers. I have tried to use command through WinXP to transfer the system from the floppy (A: Sys DSmiley Happy and also A: Format D:\s both give me an 'Incorrect Dos Version' error.

When I boot from the floppy, on trying A:\> dir c: I get 'Invalid Drive Specification'

The WinXP partition works fine. I can even copy files into the New partition. I just cannot install MS DOS there.

I have sucessfully used freedos from a DVD in this partition (had to replace the optical drive with one that could read an ISO first) - unfortunately, the main dos program I need this for freezes on freedos. And yes, I have formatted the new partition as FAT32 using the WinXP format. I have flashed it with the latest BIOS. Looking for more ideas to try.

rbben
Paper Tape
Views: 736
Message 2 of 2

Re: S50 after booting from floppy will not recognize HD

No longer matters. It stopped booting altogether - On opening the case I found several capacitors had popped. This is the second one of these I have tried. the first one was DOA, the second is blown caps.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors