Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phylum
Token Ring
Views: 516
Message 1 of 5

Setting Supervisor Password on ThinkCentres in an SCCM Environment

Look, I know this has been asked a number of times in the past, but I have been tasked with re-re-confiming so please bear with me.

Is there a utility we can use to automate the setting of a new BIOS supervisor password (as in for the first time; as in there's no password on it currently but we want one) on ThinkCentres in:

• a 64-bit version of Windows (be it Windows 7 or Windows 10 etc.)? OR
  • a 32-bit version of Windows (be it Windows 7 or Windows 10 etc.)? OR
  • a 64-bit version of WinPE? OR
  • a 32-bit version of WinPE?

For organizations with an appreciable number of assets (I'd say anything above 200), a manual process is just not going to cut it.  We may not be an 80k asset shop, but touching well over 1k assets is just not feasible.  Dell & HP have solutions for this, so the 'malware scare' canned response is insufficient.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 499
Message 2 of 5

Re: Setting Supervisor Password on ThinkCentres in an SCCM Environment

You've been here a while, have you also searched the 'Enterprise Client Mgmt' forum, under Software and OS?  It may be a better forum for this question. 

Phylum
Token Ring
Views: 487
Message 3 of 5

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 470
Message 4 of 5

Then you may have noticed that Lenovo employees regularly reply on the 'Enterprise client mgmt' forum, here not so much. 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 446
Message 5 of 5

@Phylum wrote:

Hey there and thanks for the reply!

I know it may seem like I'm banging the drum on this, and I know I'm not the only one asking:

In each case, the answer is the same.  I need something recent that I can take back to 'the powers that be' to say

Yup, Lenovo is still singing the same tune: can't be done without boots on the ground physically touching each asset.

Good day.

Nothing that I know of has changed, nor does it seem that a change is being considered. There is no way to set an initial Supervisor password via script. It requires physical presence. If a Supervisor password already exists, only then may it be changed via script.

As the question has been asked and answered many times, by Lenovo people in the Enterprise Client Management board, I'm locking this thread. If you need further information, please post in the Enterprise board.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 X1T3 X1T2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

Top Kudoed Authors