Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RuthM
Paper Tape
Views: 194
Message 1 of 2

Solution Center Result Code W1UKG8R3T-RLL12D for M93p

I am not noticing any problems with my machine, but I have been getting this error labeled "critical" for some time now.  I'm not sure what to do about it or if it is necessary to do anything.  It is for the storage device WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 - 931.51 GBs and it is failing the Targeted Read test.

Can anyone advise as to the best course of action? My machine is out of warranty.

Model: 10A7CTO1WW

BIOS: FBKT73AUS

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 175
Message 2 of 2

Re: Solution Center Result Code W1UKG8R3T-RLL12D for M93p

The Targeted Read error is an indication that your computers hard drive is failing, so you should immediately backup all of your important data, and once that is complete, create a recovery drive/media  if you have not already done so.

Because  the hard drive is likely failing, I would refrain from using the computer too much until you have backed up your data and create a recovery drive, because the more the hard drive is used, the sooner it may fail completely.

The method of creating recovery media varies depending on which version of Windows, but if you are on Windows 8.1, the document below should help

How to create Recovery Media and reload a Lenovo Think system with Microsoft Windows 8.x preload

https://support.lenovo.com/hu/en/solutions/ht076024

If you are not comfortable in backing the data up and creating the recovery drive yourself, you should take your computer to a good computer repair shop as soon as possible.

Good Luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors