cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawa2003
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,239
Message 1 of 5

ThinkCenter M83 (10BE0003GE) can’t update the BIOS with latest BIOS-Updates provided by Lenovo)

I’m currently updating the BIOS of some Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 PC´s and I came across a problem.

The Flash UEFI BIOS update (provide by Lenovo) worked almost perfectly on the first PC´s, despite it didn’t automatically open the console and started the flashing process.

Anyways I did go on with my work. Almost all other PC´s had the problem that when the second phase (yellow font)/ afudos.exe imagefb.rom /defans /capsule /b /n /r /sp started the afuwin.exe stopped working (it crashed).

It seemed like the Update wouldn’t get done this way so I decided to try it with the USB Flash method, also provided by Lenovo, but it also didn’t work. It says in the second phase “15 - Error: Secure Flash function is not supported on this platform”

Last but not least I tried to update the BIOS with the CD-ISO but when updating with this method it says that the BIOS-Version is too old.

Some information about the system:

ThinkCenter M83

Type: 10BE0003GE

BIOS-Revision: FBKT73AUS

BIOS last Updated: 01.April.2014

Furthermore Information what I found out:

• BIOS-Revision seems to not matter (same version but some worked some not)
  • Doesn’t matter if BIOS is set to UEFI only or Legacy only
  • Secure Boot also seems like it doesn’t matter if it´s on or not
  • When the afuwin.exe crashes it only writes a return code
    fehler_15.PNG

I use the update provided by this Page from Lenovo (Update: fbjycpusa)

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/de/de/downloads/ds035753

Thanks in advance

Franco789
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,200
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkCenter M83 (10BE0003GE) can’t update the BIOS with latest BIOS-Updates provided by Lenovo)

I have a similar problem with E93Z. There's a post here. I haven't solved it yet.

YGRIG
Token Ring
Views: 1,174
Message 3 of 5

Re: ThinkCenter M83 (10BE0003GE) can’t update the BIOS with latest BIOS-Updates provided by Lenovo)

I reported this very issue here 2.5 months ago, had no response.
SpaceKittens
Serial Port
Views: 1,168
Message 4 of 5

Maybe try again but run installer as admin?

I used a desktop application called Lenovo System Update (I'm not 100% sure this is where i got, i found this just now with a search) with success, perhaps it's worth a shot. 

Best of luck!!
Maybe give this or this a check.  

bundies522
Punch Card
Views: 565
Message 5 of 5

Hi there! I ran into the same issue this weekend, and I was able to work up a solution. Lenovo has not provided any support.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M93p-Tiny-BIOS-FBKTD2A-is-broken-bad-BIOS-up...

After this incident, please consider not buying a Lenovo product again. Their support is incompetent, as you've seen over the past year of no replies or acknowledgement of the issue. They will not provide support.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors