Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CheungyNSX
Paper Tape
Views: 7,129
Message 1 of 3

ThinkCentre E73 SFF - Can't access BIOS?

Hi there,

I recently bought a Lenovo Thinkcentre E73 SFF, which had Windows 10 installed in it. I decided that I wanted to installed Windows 7 instead of using Windows 10. I decided to go into the BIOS to change the boot priority so that my Windows 7 installation drive had priority over the pre-existing boot drive. In the process, I also recall disabling "Fast Boot", as the PC kept skipping the post screen every time I booted up. It continued to do that even when I was in Windows 10, but I've now got Windows 7 installed, but I cannot find any way to access the BIOS of the motherboard. Can anybody advise on how I'd go about getting into the motherboard BIOS?

TLDR - I've installed Windows 7 in place of Windows 10, but I cannot get into the BIOS as the computer is forever skipping the post screen on bootup. Does anybody know about how I'd be able to get into the motherboard BIOS?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I wish you all a Merry Christmas!!! Smiley Happy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 7,090
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkCentre E73 SFF - Can't access BIOS?

Repeatedly hit F1.   Although if you have a wireless keyboard, I recommend you connect and use a wired one, as wireless can be too slow to come online for you to break into the BIOS setup.

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
CheungyNSX
Paper Tape
Views: 7,074
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkCentre E73 SFF - Can't access BIOS?

Thank you!

Do you also happen to know any way of disabling the really annoying beep the system initially makes on start up? Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors