Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walter7
Paper Tape
Views: 7,303
Message 1 of 9

ThinkCentre Edge 71, Power LED does not switch off

Since I have installed win7 64bit, the pc does not switch off after Power down command. For switch off i must hold the power button >10sec.

Thanks for Help.

Retired Partner
Views: 7,285
Message 2 of 9

Re: ThinkCentre Edge 71, Power LED does not switch off

Hello Walter,

Please update the BIOS which will resolve the issue.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_bios/9qjy36usa.exe

You may also try the Windows registry setting. Kindly be careful while editing windows registry.

Have a look at the following registry location (note that you need to invoke regedit.exe with administrative privileges in order to make any changes in this location) and ensure that the value ClearPageFileAtShutdown is set to 0 (if it is set to 1, change the value to 0).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Walter7
Paper Tape
Views: 7,237
Message 3 of 9

Hello Tanuj

Thank you very much for your response.

I've tried but nothing helps.

- BIOS  9QKT36AUS > does not switch of

- install the PowerManager 2.01.0012, tried the default scheme > does not switch of

- ClearPageFileAtShutdown 0 and 1 tried (after Parameter change I did a reboot) > does not switch of

I'm helpless..

Kind regards Walter7

Retired Partner
Views: 7,168
Message 4 of 9

Hi Walter7,

I am sorry I could not get back to you, have you checked installing the video driver from Lenovo website.

The Intel updated driver resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

batistation
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,025
Message 5 of 9

Intel driver did it for me.  Thanks.

batistation
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,023
Message 6 of 9

Sorry I was wrong, I tried this on an image that wasn't having this problem.
deltastocks
Paper Tape
Views: 6,047
Message 7 of 9

I'm experiencing the same problem, clean install of Windows 7 x64 and power led and fan not shutting down. I also notice that screen freezes on shutting down screen. I tried to update BIOS, etc. The solution I found is to install theWindows 7 Lenovo factory image and problem disappeared. However I would like to know how to avoid this problem with a clean original WIndows 7 DVD. So what has the lenovo image different than Original DVD of WIndows 7? Thx 

Poei
Paper Tape
Views: 4,525
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

I got almost the same problem.

I got two Thinkcentre Edge 71 (Sff), one was upgraded directly via the Win 10 recommendation, and works fine.

The other one I had upgraded first, and created a bootable DVD by using Microsoft's media creatation tool.

After installing a *new*  2Tb HD, I installed Windows 10 and it works.

Only issue is theat the computer will not switch off after closing windows. Green power button will not go off as well.

So i got the same question, why doesn't have the original updated Windows 7  not that power off problem, and the fresh installed Windows 10 does. 

I compared lots of power settings with no luck.

Someone mentioned to install an older chipset driver, I did this from the lenovo website, but it didn't work also.

Anyone who got a copy of Windows 10 working on the Thinkcentre Edge 71?  (not the updated W7) ?

TanasieSorin
What's DOS?
Views: 3,814
Message 9 of 9

Hello, i had the same problem on my edge 71, clean install windows 7 64 bit , after shutdown the led power was still green fans reving .

The solution is to dissable quick boot in bios , wipe the disc an format it MBR not GPT, if installing windows 10 or 7 with quick boot enabled it will automaticly format in GPT and will have the same problem .

After turning off quick boot i used a linux distribution live cd and wiped the disk , installed windows 7 64 bit and had no problem since .

Good luck

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors