cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bogdanx003
What's DOS?
Views: 9,834
Message 1 of 12

ThinkCentre Edge 71: after OS install, won't shut down, power light & fan continue to work

Hello!

I heave a Lenovo thinkcentre edge 71 i3(out of box), i installed windows 7 home premium on it, my problem is after install(no updates,no driver installed) i try to shutdown windows and the screen freeze(on shuting down).

I can't turn off the pc only using the button, i installed the video diver(intel hd 2000) and the windows shutdown but the pc still runing(the green light is on,fans are working,dvd-rom as whell).

I installed all the drivers and updates,bios update, but no changes!

i don't now what to do, any ideea? thank you!

Mod:  edited title for clarity

Retired Partner
Views: 9,747
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lenovo thinkcentre edge 71 freeze on shutdown(clean windows 7 install)

Hello bogdanx003 and welcome to community,

The BIOS update helps in resolving the issue. Kindly change do the power drain and change the main, refix the power connector on system board  then check.

If the issue persisting then check with live Linux disc and feedback us.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Hicks
What's DOS?
Views: 9,694
Message 3 of 12

I have the same problem. I try change power supply,disk,
bios update 9QKT38A,
i don't now what to do, any ideea?
dukeha
What's DOS?
Views: 9,311
Message 4 of 12

Hello Lenovo-Forum,

I have a great Thinkcentre edge 71 in my Office now, but since I installed Windows 8 x64 my Lenovo has the described Problem. When I want to power off the pc is shuts down everything but the fan and the green power light are continuing to work.

I was curious and installed Win 8 x86 and I dont have any Problem with shutdown only on the x64.

I Need to use the x64 because of the amount of RAM I have installed.

I also tried the described BIOS UPDATE but still no luck on shuting down on x64

If anyone can help me with that please. I dont know how to solve this Problem on my own.

thank you

forstera
Paper Tape
Views: 9,185
Message 5 of 12

Hello all,

I bought 15 Edge 71 for the computer room of my school and some of them have exactly the same problem. I made an image from the 1st one and made clones for all others. What is 'funny' is that only some of them have this problem, not all. I realized that this problem occurs more offen when windows has just made an update .. Im really in trouble with that because teaches are complaining, so I anybody has an idea, it's really welcomed

thanks in advance for your help

Regards

sahaine
Paper Tape
Views: 8,134
Message 6 of 12

I am experiencing the same has anyone found a solution?
deltastocks
Paper Tape
Views: 7,389
Message 7 of 12

I'm experiencing the same problem, clean install of Windows 7 x64 and power led and fan not shutting down. I also notice that screen freezes on shutting down screen. I tried to update BIOS, etc. The solution I found is to install the Windows 7 Lenovo factory image and problem disappeared. However I would like to know how to avoid this problem with a clean original WIndows 7 DVD. So what has the lenovo image different than Original DVD of WIndows 7? Thx 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,311
Message 8 of 12
Moved:

the posts to this thread regarding Windows 10 install has been split into it's own thread = Edge 71, Sandy Bridge, shut down issues with Win 10 install

TanasieSorin
What's DOS?
Views: 5,839
Message 9 of 12

Hello, i had the same problem on my edge 71, clean install windows 7 64 bit , after shutdown the led power was still green fans reving .

The solution is to dissable quick boot in bios , wipe the disc an format it MBR not GPT, if installing windows 10 or 7 with quick boot enabled it will automaticly format in GPT and will have the same problem .

After turning off quick boot i used a linux distribution live cd and wiped the disk , installed windows 7 64 bit and had no problem since .

Good luck

iSupport
Paper Tape
Views: 5,796
Message 10 of 12

Lenovo PC won't shut down

We have Lenove Think Center Edge71 PC and we Install windows 7 Professional 64bit on it, After install Widows 7 PC won't Shut down completely, Only the HDD turned off and CPU fan and Power LED won't off. What might be the issue ?

Please Help !!!!!

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors