US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 1

ThinkCentre Edge 71 won't turn off

2020-02-10, 16:15 PM

Hey guys.

I'm new to the forum, so sorry if this is not the correct place for this topic.

I'm having problems with a Lenovo ThinkCentre Edge 71.

Some time ago, I was trying to install Windows 10 in one of these and the computer would not turn off. The hard disk light turned off, but the power light was still on and the computer wouldn't completely turn off. It was necessary to hold the power button to do it. I checked the foruns and apparently it wasn't compatible with Windows 10, so I gave up and reinstalled Windows 7.

Last week I had to format another Edge 71 computer. I forgot about the Windows 10 issue and installed it. Then when I realized the problem, I made a clean Windows 7 installation, not the Recovery version. Surprisingly, I had the same problem I had with Windows 10.

I used the Recovery Disk, installed Windows 7 again and the computer turns off normally now.

My question is: what software / driver is responsible for this problem? I've tried the ones I found, no success. I tried installing the Power Management software, the System Update software and even Lenovo Diagnostics, none of them seems to fix the problem.

I do know that it might be better to keep the Recovery version of Windows 7, but for some reason this one has a problem with Windows Recovery tools, which I really would not like to keep. For this reason I wanted a clean Windows 7 installation.

So, does anyone know what should I install to make this problem disappear? Or will I need to stick to the Recovery Windows version?

Thanks in advance! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete