Options

4976 Posts

01-01-2012

United States of America

8224 Signins

128953 Page Views

• Views: 128953
  • Message 11 of 43

Re: Failed uEFI / BIOS update M92p. Is there any hope?

2018-04-22, 17:47 PM

wrote:
I tried to follow the instruction above but no sucess.

Please tell us the exact steps you took, and details on the results.  Also, provide details on what system you have. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.
Options

9 Posts

04-22-2018

India

11 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 12 of 43

2018-04-23, 2:12 AM

After I install windows 10 pro and did full lenovo system update( with bios update), the device update the system and rebooted the upgrade the bios image. After the all went wrong the system did not come up. Only activity is of HDD light blinking and I am able to poweroff the system when I press poweroff button.

No display No access to keyboard No usb device active when poweron the device.

Any advice the revover the device, I feel this need anothe bios firware upgrade but with jtag support.

I have read from the forum that  bios firmare could be update from CD rom but non of the device periferal are acceible.

Steps

1 set the jumper setting from 12 to 23. but no success cold/warm boot no effect.

2 clear the cemos battery to clean the setting with no effect.

Options

12 Posts

02-02-2018

United States of America

16 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 13 of 43

2018-04-23, 2:29 AM

wrote:

After I perform system upgrade with bios ugrade the whole system is down and not working.

the device upgrade the latest bios and reboot to update the new fimware, but after this device did not come up.

only the led for power and hdd keep blinking.

The screen is blank and do not show any acticity of booting into bios. I tried to follow the instruction above but no sucess.

Non of the device like monitor/keyboard/mouse is detected.

pleae guide me.

Your situation sounds very similar to my situation after a failed BIOS upgrade through WIndows. I was afraid my computer would never start again.

Did you make yourself an iso CD with the latest BIOS update?

Options

9 Posts

04-22-2018

India

11 Signins

47 Page Views

• Message 14 of 43

2018-04-23, 3:45 AM

I have tried this with external cdrom but the device is not able to select the boot options as the bios is been erased or corrupt. so no usb/monitor/mouse is accible at the time of boot.

Need to look for new motherboad,it sceam to be the only option to make this device boot again.

Options

4976 Posts

01-01-2012

United States of America

8224 Signins

128953 Page Views

• Message 15 of 43

2018-04-23, 12:43 PM

Did you burn a CD on a different computer with the ISO file image so that it is bootable?  (you can verify this on the other computer, it will start to boot this CD when powered on with it in the optical drive)  This CD was then placed in the optical drive of the M92p? (still don't know what system you have) when powered on with the jumper in the 23 position?  Did it start reading the CD?  You should then get a display. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.
Options

12 Posts

02-02-2018

United States of America

16 Signins

190 Page Views

• Message 16 of 43

2018-04-23, 14:23 PM

wrote:

I have tried this with external cdrom but the device is not able to select the boot options as the bios is been erased or corrupt. so no usb/monitor/mouse is accible at the time of boot.

Need to look for new motherboad,it sceam to be the only option to make this device boot again.

You did not answer my question.

Did you make an iso CD with the latest BIOS update?

If yes, where did you get the iso file, and what BIOS version?

If no, you need to do that.

Options

9 Posts

04-22-2018

India

11 Signins

47 Page Views

• Message 17 of 43

2018-04-23, 20:16 PM

Yes I burned of 9sj99ausa.iso image and set the jumper to 23 and cold boot  the system.

Still no sign of GUI or any entering into bios update status.

It could that observe some acticity of the cdrom but no sucecess, it could be the issue with external cdrom I am using.

If you people can confirm this is the correct way to fix the issue, then I will buy a extenal DVD rwiter to get this working.

Options

4976 Posts

01-01-2012

United States of America

8224 Signins

128953 Page Views

• Message 18 of 43

2018-04-23, 23:51 PM

You have to be 100% certain it is a bootable CD, otherwise you will have activity, but then it do nothing.  It's easy to get that wrong.  To test, take that CD, boot a different system with it, and tell us what happens. 

Update:  you write about buying a DVD drive, what system do you have?  Because the first 1/2 of the thread refers to recovery for a TOWER, and it has an optical drive.  Please explain.  It can make a difference regarding the jumper and BIOS file. 

Options

12 Posts

02-02-2018

United States of America

16 Signins

190 Page Views

• Message 19 of 43

2018-04-24, 2:11 AM

wrote:

Yes I burned of 9sj99ausa.iso image and set the jumper to 23 and cold boot  the system.

Still no sign of GUI or any entering into bios update status.

It could that observe some acticity of the cdrom but no sucecess, it could be the issue with external cdrom I am using.

If you people can confirm this is the correct way to fix the issue, then I will buy a extenal DVD rwiter to get this working.

A couple things come to mind. First, I have an M92p tower as well. Mine has an internal DVD writer. Whether the system will see the self booting CD in your external  DVD device as it would an internal DVD I don't know. Like if it's a USB device or something, maybe not--I don't know. I can tell you that it took a little time for the BIOS writing program to launch. Like, I don't know, maybe a half minute or so. I was at my wits end and not very confident it was going to work. I was about ready to give up and voila! It popped up on the screen and I was elated.

The other thing I wonder about is the BIOS version you have. I'm not going to try to tell you which one you should have, as it might depend on the machine type or something, but mine is version 9SKT99AUS and was the current version for my machine as of February 2018. But, I see now they have a newer one, 9SKT9AA. (Note, this is the BIOS version, not the file name. The file names can vary.)

Finally, make sure you follow those instructions for “Boot block recovery” on page 273 of the Hardware Maintenance Manual exactly. At first, I kind of assumed things should work the way I thought they should work, but I learned that you have to do it just the way they say to do it. Keep trying. I think your system should be recoverable.

Options

9 Posts

04-22-2018

India

11 Signins

47 Page Views

• Message 20 of 43

2018-04-24, 6:25 AM

Thanks for your expert advice I have tired to follow your instructions to make this work at my end but with no success.

below is the device I have with me which is broken.

https://imgur.com/gz6iQqx

https://imgur.com/WPLbClP

may be my luck ran out for this device thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms