Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkCentre DesktopsThinkCentre A, E, M, S Series
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-02-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 41 of 44

Re:ThinkCentre: Failed uEFI / BIOS update. Two 2 beeps. Is there any hope?

2020-05-19, 2:21 AM

I had a seasoned IBM tech here a few weeks ago to do some Lenovo repairs and asked him about this.  He took a quick look and confirmed that from his experiences, once a BIOS upgrade fails like this, the system board is damaged and can not be re-flashed.  Unlike with HP and Dell, I am reluctant to do firmware updates on Lenovo computers knowing I can brick them.

Options

39 Posts

04-22-2016

United States of America

63 Signins

360 Page Views

• Views: 360
  • Message 42 of 44

2020-12-03, 15:20 PM

Just to finish my story. I was able to revive my M92p after a bad BIOS flash. In my case even boot block recovery didn't work.

So I used a ch341a BIOS Programmer and flashed the BIOS CHip directly and was able to rescue my system.

Lesson Learned: Don't use windows based BIOS flashing tools.

Also while I was able to save the Board with a 5$ BIOS progarmmer, all the time I wasted doing this was not worth it. Just throw the board away and get a new one.

Options

1 Posts

01-07-2021

Indonesia

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 43 of 44

2021-01-07, 1:06 AM

this I really worked your way on the lenovo 92p, thank you brother

Options

3 Posts

05-24-2014

United States of America

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 44 of 44

Re:ThinkCentre: Failed uEFI / BIOS update. Two 2 beeps. Is there any hope? Last chance tips

2021-09-22, 13:34 PM

Hi all,

We have a few M93p's here at the office. Yesterday, Lenovo Vantage offered a BIOS update, which failed.  I figured out 2 beeps meant BIOS, I followed this thread, found the correct BIOS on Lenovo.. using the UEFI BIOS update, copied the files to a freshly-formated flash drive, plugged in the video cable, put the flash drive into BLACK USB Slot 3 on the rear, plugged a spare wired keyboard..  machine on.. beep beep.. i pressed enter.. (in panic of nothing on screen) the screen came on, BIOS flashed automatically.. rebooted .. with the flash drive still in.. and BOOM! spinny dots, windows 10 logo and back up.  including panic, the whole process of updating was maybe 5 minutes..  factoring in the download and unzipping onto a flash drive, maybe 30 minutes. 

PHEW! THANKS TO ALL WHO POSTED PREVIOUSLY.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms