cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robkn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,741
Message 21 of 37

Re: Failed uEFI / BIOS update M92p. Is there any hope?

As the saying goes, "A picture says 1000 words." For some reason I thought you had a tower model. That looks like it might be the 'Tiny Desktop' model. I have never worked with that one. Well, if you're sure you have the correct BIOS for that model and are following Lenovo's directions for Boot Block Recovery to the letter, I am out of ideas. Sorry.

ollall
Paper Tape
Views: 1,620
Message 22 of 37

Sorry for jumping into an old thread...

Did you manage to recover the bios amoon?

I have the exact same problem as you but with the tower model.

Absolutely nothing is working with what I've tried :-(

amoon
Paper Tape
Views: 1,611
Message 23 of 37

I show my device to Lenovo Service Center in Local town and they did fix the issue with some tweaks which they did not share with me.

but if you follow the steps in the this thread you might get this thing up and running.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Failed-uEFI-BIOS-update-M92p-Is-there-any-ho...

This issue can be fixed but you have to follow correct steps.

ollall
Paper Tape
Views: 1,590
Message 24 of 37

Yes, I tried all the steps with the jumper in 1-2 and 2-3 and removing CMOS battery and so on.

Nothing worked, the screen was always blank and the boot was always the same.

When I had given up and bought a new computer I was just playing around with it to take parts from it.

I tried starting the computer without CMOS battery and without RAM and it started beeping a lot (presumably because no RAM is detected) so just for fun i inserted the RAM again and BAAAM the BIOS started up...... 

So I now have two fully functional computers......... Smiley Mad 

But if anyone ever runs into this problem, try booting without RAM Smiley Very Happy

amoon
Paper Tape
Views: 1,584
Message 25 of 37

Thanks for the TIP.  Glad to know you find the solution. Smiley Happy

DEKConsulting
What's DOS?
Views: 1,443
Message 26 of 37

I just had a similar issue and your " remove the memory" worked! This fix was quite time saver, no jumper changes required!

I had an M92p Bios 9SKT40AUS that I had completed a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation on. After logging into Levnovo support, I downloaded the OS install version of Bios 9SKT9BA (the app is called 9SJY9BUSA). After installing per Lenovos instructions (I flashed through a CMD prompt), my computer rebooted, and went into flash mode, and retarted to the infamous 3short, 1 long melody described here. No keyboard control, nada.

This morning, I started to prepare for the process of reflashing my bios with a CD but.... I instead did this:

Note: I listed my entire process, you many want to quit after you get access to the BIOS. I wanted to be sure that the bios didn't have any corrupt data anywhere in it.

1. remove power, remove SSD, and all memory

2. apply power, and restart machine - the result is that nothing happened

3. remove power, install one memory module in front memory slot

4. apply power, keep tapping "f1" on keyboard, and VOILA! I'm in the BIOS setup

5. Go to last page and select "optimise all settings", and save changes

6. reboot and press f1 to enter BIOS setup again

7. select optimise all settings , only this time I selected "OS" optimization

8. reboot and select f1 to enter BIOS setup again

9. select OS optimization disabled, then optimise all settings (without OS optimization)

10. remove power, install all memory and SSD drive.

11. Reboot, select f1 for BIOS, tweak settings to your hearts content, save, and reboot.

12. observe that you are back at your Windows 10 PRO logon screen

Highlighted
yockfu
What's DOS?
Views: 1,225
Message 27 of 37

I have the M92P Tiny desktop and was able to recover from a failed BIOS update using a USB drive.

After trying all the solutions from multiple threads on this forum, this is what worked for me:

Download Rufus and format USB drive with FreeDOS

Download ISO from this link: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht077504

Extract ISO to USB drive - overwrite ALL files

Move CMOS jumper from 1-2 to 2-3

Disconnect HDD - leave the speaker connected

Insert USB drive into USB 2.0 port on the back (the black colored USB port, not the blue ones, labeled 5)

Power on M92P

You should hear two loud beeps, followed by two (fainter) beeps that repeat

A screen should be displayed that the BIOS is being updated

The M92P will auto power down when completed
Disconnect power, move jumper back, reconnect everything

Power on!

I also did the above again, except with the newest BIOS version, and everything worked great!

Thank you to all for the assitance from these forums.

Jason

Spam00r
Punch Card
Views: 1,169
Message 28 of 37

I Have the exact same issue. I tried to update to latest Bios from December 2018 via WIndows Tool. It rebooted and the Bios Update was stuck at 1% even after several hours. So I killed the power and now I have two short beeps and black screen.

I Tried Boot Block Recovery and the Update goes to 100% and then to "Completed" and the PC powers off. AFter that Switching back the jumpers, I still get two beeps and black screen, as if the Bios Update had no effect.

I also can not find an older Bios. Before Update, my M92p Tower was running a Bios Version from 2016.

I tried everyting already posted here. WHat else can I do?

robkn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,163
Message 29 of 37

The Windows tool was what got me in trouble, too. Have you been running the update from CD?

Spam00r
Punch Card
Views: 1,156
Message 30 of 37

Yes i used this iso:https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_bios/9sj99cusa.iso the update completes but after turning the pc on i always get 2 beeps and black screen. only during bios recovery i see somethung on screen.

I also tried the USB version that works too, but the result is the same still 2 beeps.

I cant find an older bios version anywhere. Can you post the one you have?

BTW: I realised that the Bios Recovery starts nomather at what position the jumpers are. Is that supposed to be like that? Once a Bios CD or USB stick is inserted, the recovery starts.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors