cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mels2
Paper Tape
Views: 337
Message 1 of 3

ThinkCentre M55 8811: Bios update location-ram issues?

Hy, I am new here, thank you for accepting me.

We have couple of lenovo thinkcentre in our school and looking to upgrade the ram.

We tried different rams bought from a shop and the pc doesn't start with none of them,however the shop owner showed us that it is working on one of his pc-s

These are school pcs we are on a low budget.

Replaced 4x512mb to 2x 2gb

When the pc turns on there is the memory error beeepp,tried some solutions found on the internet.

It was recommended to upgrade the bios,i looked all over lenovo forum and could not find bios os not even reference to our model number.

I will attach a picture if anyone can point me in the right direction please 

Mod: edited Subject line to add system type

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 282
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkCentre M55 8811: Bios update location-ram issues?

The BIOS version shown in your photo shows that you are at the latest version, see below.

I believe the systems back then required "single" or low density rather than the now more common double density memory chips.  For example, the M58 required 2RX8.  This may not be of help, given your school's budget, but may point you to some memory that will work, perhaps buy used used on Ebay:   Crucial still has memory upgrades available for M55 type 8811.

Lenovo, End of Life, product support

f-m55 bios ver.png

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
mels2
Paper Tape
Views: 253
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkCentre M55 8811: Bios update location-ram issues?

Thank you for your reply,

It is much appreaciated

Indeed I noticed that on the old rams it is written 1x and on the recently purchased one it is written 2x 

I bought 2x 2gb

I did managed to start the pc with only one of the rams,the other one seems damaged.

But the funny part is that.

I remove all the electricity,add the rams,when i plug in the electricity the pc starts but there is no video,the pc shuts down by itself-like a restart-and than starts again and loads up with the windows and works.

So now not sure what to do. 

Obviously this is not the usual way to start the PC.

The school was not willing to pay for the rams but it is a nightmare to use the PC like that so I was thinking that this might help,had no idea that so many details are important.

Do you have any idea why/how come the pc starts with the rams and if i can do something to start the pc in a normal way

Thank you

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors