cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeniorGuru
Views: 277
Message 41 of 46

Re: Help for RAM & SSD Lenovo M58

I don't know what options the M58 BIOS offers as far as supporting both the built-in graphics as well as an expansion PCIe x16 graphics card at the same time, but normally the "AUTO" setting causes the machine to use an expansion graphics card if you have one installed, disabling the built-in graphics completely.

So you would use the one or more ports available on the graphics card to connect to one or more monitors. The graphics ports from the I/O panel of the motherboard are non-functional when you install a graphics card.  That's the point.

Newer Lenovo desktop machines may support a "both + multi-monitor" BIOS option combining Intel drivers (for the built-in graphics) along with NVidia (or whatever) graphics driver.  But you have to set the BIOS options accordingly in order to achieve that.

But again, normally if you have a high-powered PCIe x16 graphics card that you've installed you want to make use of it.  Presumably it is superior to the built-in graphics capability, and typically also supports multiple monitors through multiple video connectors of its own.  But with this M58 6303 (which is small to begin with and at least 10 years old in technology) even just the physical limits on the kind of graphics card you might be able to install, not to mention PSU limitations, well there's not a lot of options here.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 269
Message 42 of 46

@Bcn wrote:

Now, things are going crazy : I installed another driver from the same forum, v11.2.0.1006 (https://www.win-raid.com/t2f23-Intel-RST-RSTe-Drivers-newest-v-WHQL-v-WHQL.html), which is supposed to be older than the one I had (even Windows said it when I replaced it). Both support ICH10.

Did you try the driver I linked to earlier, on the official Intel download site (not a 3rd party site)?  According to the page, it is the latest version that supports this generation Chipset.   I didn't run a SSD on that system, but as far as I could tell, the HDD was running in AHCI mode.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Bcn
Punch Card
Views: 253
Message 43 of 46

@

alex5908
Fanfold Paper
Views: 188
Message 44 of 46

Re: ThinkCentre M58: upgrade memory RAM and install SSD (SATA II, RST, AHCI, disk benchmarks)

Hello everybody, I've posted my problem (can't start the OS with AHCI enabled in BIOS) at

Re: ThinkCentre M58P, Machine type 7483 AHCI problem

and was referred here. I tried everything suggested here but the problem still persists.

I changed iaStorV to "0"

I tried to install Setup RST.exe  but failed as it reads "SetupRST.exe- Entry point not found."

I managed to install RST 11.7.0.1013 driver but still I can't find "Storahci" in my regedit. Please help me out.

alex5908
Fanfold Paper
Views: 148
Message 45 of 46

Re: ThinkCentre M58P, Machine type 7483 AHCI problem

Today I was digging in BIOS settings and found out that AHCI HDD was "Excluded from boot order". I've changed it and voila, it's booting now in AHCI mode but... 

1. In my second PC in the tool bar tray I can see all HDDs and flash drives connected. In Lenovo I don't see the SSD.

2. Every time the PC is loaded I can see "Intel RST service is not running". I can start it manually and then it reads "Current status: Your system is functioning properly"

3. According to the advertisment the SSD speed should be 330mb/s but mine is 285. Is  it not so much of a difference? 

Do you think I can use my SSD now effectively?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 123
Message 46 of 46

Re: ThinkCentre M58P, Machine type 7483 AHCI problem

@Bcn

Hi.  Are you able to help this fellow M58 owner with the above specific questions?  Thank you. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors