Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex5908
Fanfold Paper
Views: 263
Message 1 of 8

ThinkCentre M58P, Machine type 7483 AHCI problem

Hello everybody,

I was trying to use AHCI for my SSD but failed. When Windows 7 is being loaded it reads "Media test failure, check cable". If I disable AHCI there is no problem with Windows loading/booting. I changed regedit value to 0 for AHCI but it did not solve the problem. Please help me use AHCI mode.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 243
Message 2 of 8

Re: ThinkCentre M58P, Machine type 7483 AHCI problem

This thread may be of help:   ThinkCentre M58: upgrade memory RAM and install SSD (SATA II, RST, AHCI, disk benchmarks)

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
alex5908
Fanfold Paper
Views: 238
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the link. I'll try what they suggest.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 184
Message 4 of 8

Were you able to get the AHCI issue resolved?

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
alex5908
Fanfold Paper
Views: 171
Message 5 of 8

Thank you for asking. Unfortunately the issue was not resolved. I've tried all the available options. Nothing helped. I could not find some of the entries in regedit. I will write what exactly I could not find after installing the drivers. Can we have a chat at Viber or whatsup?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 155
Message 6 of 8

What I know of using AHCI on a similar generation storage controller (a T500 ThinkPad, which I no longer have), I have already given on the the thread above.  I suggest documenting exactly what occurred when you tried the solution given in that thread, and post it there, the Original Poster to that thread (and the only other one so far with a M58) may be able to assist you further.  

alex5908
Fanfold Paper
Views: 90
Message 7 of 8

Looks like you are the only person responding at both threads.

Do you think I should give up and install Win 10 (which I am reluctant of installing)?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 76
Message 8 of 8

Not Win 10, because that Q45 Chipset, which includes the storage controller, is several generations before Win 10 is supported.  I suggest Win 8.1 with Start8, see the the second post in this link:  Reminder-Windows-7-End-of-Support

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors