Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m700
Paper Tape
Views: 5,085
Message 1 of 6

ThinkCentre M700: Ethernet Network Driver - Server 2012 & 2019 - Intel I219-LM

Hi,

We've recently installed Server 2012 on a new Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 and unfortunately it's unable to pick up the network adapter. We tried the Windows 8.1 versions of the network drivers from the Lenovo site (as they share the same kernel) but they didn't work.

Have also tried downloading the server 2012 versions of the specific drivers direct from Intel's website.

Has anyone had any luck finding a server 2012 network driver for this machine? 

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,061
Message 2 of 6

Re: M700 Network Driver - Server 2012

m700 wrote:

Have also tried downloading the server 2012 versions of the specific drivers direct from Intel's website.

What is the issue with the drivers downloaded direct from Intel?  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
m700
Paper Tape
Views: 5,175
Message 3 of 6

Hi BiggAl,

I managed to resolve this issue in the end. When I tried to install the drivers direct from the Intel site it failed not recognising the network adapter. However, when I go choose to manually install the driver via device manager (Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer) I found the driver there (intel I219-LM).

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,052
Message 4 of 6

Super.  I'm glad you got it sorted. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Antomul
What's DOS?
Views: 4,651
Message 5 of 6

I am a beginner to IT and I am trying to install a driver for the same intel controller . I have the files from the Intel site how did you recognise the correct driver ?? 

jmlemmi
What's DOS?
Views: 305
Message 6 of 6

You dont need the Driver from the Intel Site. You can just right click on the unknown Device in Device-Manager, then choose Driver from List of Drivers and scroll through the long list of Intel Drivers until you can find l219-LM.

It works on my Server 2019 with an M700tiny too. Thanks so much for the tip!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors