cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lord_Malus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 192
Message 11 of 16

M700 tower Upgrade: graphics card and... power supply?

Hello everyone! It´s my first post on the comunity (sorry for my english... TT).

I bought a M700 Tower and I can´t found a lot of information about this model in internet and when I search in Windows 10 information about the motherboard... says: "not available".

I want this PC for working and a little gaming and the integrated graphics card is so sad... I read in this forum that I can use the GTX750ti (60W)or GTX1050(75W) (doesn´t need power supply) but... with my 250W power supply? really? (Why 250 power supply only?? (and we don´t choose another...)I can´t understand it...)

I have from my old PC a power supply with 750 W but I can´t use in M700 because the pins of the motherboard are different (power supply has 20+ 4 pins) and the motherboard has 10 + 4 pins) and I found in amazon adaptors (24 to 10 for Lenovo PC´s). But the sellers that sell these adaptors are from China (all of them) and are very cheap... (5 $...) The questions are: these adaptors works fine or I´ll burn my PC??? and... if they works well... Can I use a power supply with 750W in my motherboard or I´ll kill the motherboard?

If the adaptors doesn´t works... where can I find a power supply with 10 + 4 pins? It´s very extrange model or I never seen it before.

Thank you very much!

Lord_Malus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 189
Message 12 of 16

Re: M700 power supply & graphics - upgrading

wow! thank you very much! I send a reply here because I couldn´t write in the general, now yes, and I write a post with these questions... The processor is a i5 but no idea about the other components... Very difficult to find information about lenovo PC´s in internet, thankfully this forum (and you!)exist.
Thank you very much!
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 187
Message 13 of 16

Please verify that your supply is 250w. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Lord_Malus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 181
Message 14 of 16

Ok! the power supply does,t have the "total watts" in the label but it says: output watts 250 W, Output Watts not exceed 250W.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 178
Message 15 of 16

Ok, same thing.  Here's a power calc (MSI) of a loaded config for your system.  You could use a GTX 1650 (75w) instead, only caveats are, short enough to fit the slot, and not require supplemental PCIe power (ie. EVGA 1050 Ti SC single fan): 

Note:  best to leave adjacent PCIe slot free if possible, and install a ventilated PCIe slot cover in that adjacent PCIe slot, this will help with card cooling. 

f-m700, i5, 1050, power calc.JPG

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Lord_Malus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 172
Message 16 of 16

Thank you! you save my gamer life! Thank you!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors