Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WalterZhao
Paper Tape
Views: 190
Message 1 of 5

ThinkCentre M710Q can't update BIOS

My M710Q current BIOS version is M!AKT22A, it is too old.

捕获3.PNG

I downloaded BIOS newest version M1AJY40USA from Lenovo, update it under Windows 10, but it return " Undefined ROM image BIOS version".

捕获1.PNG

I read changes.txt of newest BIOS, it made many changes and fixed many bugs, so I want to update it. How can I solve this question.

Thanks.

WalterZhao
Paper Tape
Views: 143
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkCentre M710Q can't update BIOS

Should anyone help me?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 138
Message 3 of 5

Update using the USB drive method.

Create a bootable USB drive (Rufus with FreeDOS), and copy all the files from "m1ajt40usa.zip, USB Drive UEFI BIOS Flash Package". 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
WalterZhao
Paper Tape
Views: 122
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your reply.

I create a bootable USB drive using Rufus with FreeDOS, and all the files of miajt40usa.zip, but it also return the same error "Undefined ROM image BIOS version".
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 107
Message 5 of 5

There is a way to force an update, read this long thread to the end:  M92P-Failed-to-update-bios-to-the-latest-version

My concern is that your error code is different, and I'm not finding it anywhere else, and I do not wish to see you brick your system.  Which is possible if a BIOS update goes irretrievable wrong.  IF, your system might still be under warranty, a 3? yr warranty, I urge you to open a case with Lenovo Tech Support. 

This thread may also be of value, updating with interim steps:  M93p-Tiny-BIOS-update-on-website-does-not-work-on-outdated-systems

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors